Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoogy)
    That logic makes no sense. Because there's no penis involved it's somehow an okay thing? I'd go insane whether it was a boy or a girl... the intention is still exactly the same.

OP: You need to tell your boyfriend. Cheating is cheating.
    There's no logic to our aversion to people cheating on us it's just something wired into us to ensure in men's case that our children are really OUR children and in women's case that there isn't too much competition for the resources and affections of the man, in both cases relating to our genetic reproduction.
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    I kissed a girl and I liked it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D.Hilbert)
    If your boyfriend shares your feelings and also likes being in a shallow relationship, then tell him and he will think its cool... But if he is serious about your relationship (which you dont seem to be), then leave him without hurting him anymore.....

This is stupid. Any guy who thinks it`s ok for his girlfriend to cheat with other women is clearly retarded. It`s the showing of disrespect and unfaithfulness that makes cheating so ****** up. Who cares if theres a **** involved or not...

This thread is so shallow, im off..
    :ditto:

Cheating is cheating, regardless of gender. It's slightly worrying, OP, that you're worried about your mother's reaction but not worried about hurting your boyfriend. Unless it's just exclusive/serious...?

Anyway, I'd recommend just being upfront with your mum and tell her the truth - and the same goes for the boyfriend!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e-m-i-l-y)
    OP.... one of the best unwritten rules of being a girl...
    'Its not cheating if its with the same sex...'
    Hell to the no, if that ever happened to me it would be getting dumped straight on the spot. If she does it once the trust is broken and there is more chance of her doing it again or adopting a gay lifestyle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...AT_SUCCESS.png
    I'm gonna set you back on the path to green, my friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BananaMuffin)
    C'mon, i want to hear more details..
    yes hurry up op, if you provided exact details of what you did in bed with this other girl I could give you great advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atomic Tundra)
    Hell to the no, if that ever happened to me it would be getting dumped straight on the spot. If she does it once the trust is broken and there is more chance of her doing it again or adopting a gay lifestyle.

Agree with the trust, but you're either gay/bi or you're not, doesn't change likelihood of her adopting a gay lifestyle.

OP, I have no words. Mainly as it's all been said and you haven't yet replied.

i dont get why some people dont think of it as cheating

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you should get a lock on your bedroom door.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChloeEmma)
    I kissed a girl and I liked it.
    Was her name Katie?

(Original post by Lampshade)
    I wouldn't if it was me.

Cheating is cheating no matter who it's with.
    Dittoed.

ReputationRep:
    We are all waiting for a reply to that very important question...
    What happened?:-P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I really need some advice - don't kno what to do. Keep anon as people i know go on here.

Basically I got reeeeeally drunk when I was out with my mates on Saturday night and end up going home with a girl. My mum came into my room on Sunday morning (she thought I was out) and saw us in bed together. It woulda been OK (I sometimes share my bed with friends if they stay over) but her clothes were on the floor (so were mine) and it was just really obvious. My mum left the room very quickly. The girl (Charlotte, I think her name was) just laughed and got dressed and left, leaving me to deal with it all. My mum didn't talk to me all morning, and when my boyfriend came round later (he comes round every Sunday for dinner as his parents are good friends with my parents) it was really obvious that there was a weird atmosphere.
    Iv joked about being bi before, but I never cud tell my mum. She keeps making weird comments and I think shes going to tell my boyfriend what happened. What do I do?
    depends on wat kind of guy your BF is like, he might like it, lol...
    what did u do with her??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teofilo)
    Was her name Katie?
    How did you know? I bet you can't guess what she tasted of...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChloeEmma)
    How did you know? I bet you can't guess what she tasted of...
    Cherry chapstick?

They always said i was a genius...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jade4666)
    We are all waiting for a reply to that very important question...
    What happened?:-P
    No..... :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dh00001)
    i dont get why some people dont think of it as cheating
    It's only cheating if the boyfriend isn't involved... which he wasn't. Poor guy.

Anyway, I was half-expecting the opening post to take a "Fresh Prince twist" at the end and involve the mom joining in like some erotic story. But seriously, lock your door when you're drunk, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e-m-i-l-y)
    OP.... one of the best unwritten rules of being a girl...
    'Its not cheating if its with the same sex...'
    That phrase, interpreted by the opposite sex goes a little like

"It's not cheating so long as I can join in".

ReputationRep:
    This is so awesome

ReputationRep:
    I don't see the problem here, considering the solution. Deny, deny, deny. Simple! You got pissed, say you knew the girl from somewhere and she either lives far away or lost her keys and didn't want to wake flatmates at that hour, and it was a right laugh. Ooh, what a pickle, eh? Plus, did your mother stand there long enough to take in every piece of clothing on the floor? Just say either you slept in your underwear, or top, or partial clothing, or whatever. Enough time has passed that you should have thought of a decent story by now in case it ever comes up in conversation. But you're too busy worrying about the consequences! It will hardly be the first thing your Mum would think. 'My daughter who has a boyfriend and has never shown any bi or homosexual tendencies has got drunk and had wild rampant muffage with a lady, and under my roof! Argh!' Be logical!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.