The Student Room Group

Boyfriend’s Mum Forcing Me To Go On Pill

Me and my boyfriend have been together for nearly over 2 years now. I am 20 years old in 3 weeks and my boyfriend is 19 in 4 weeks. We both do not want a baby untill we are much older. His mother also definitely knows we do not want a baby and we have made this very clear. So there’s no need for worry as we’re both on the same page. My boyfriends mother never talks about S*x, she randomly asked us both if we use anything as in safety. We both were in shock at the question and I replied saying We have done so. She then replied saying That I need to go on the pill and tomorrow I have to go to the doctors. I said to her, I have been on the pill before and it made throw up. She then said she Doesn’t care and wants me to go Doctors. Since this chat it’s been 3 days and she’s still talking about it. Today me and the boyfriend were on FaceTime and she came in the room and has asked me if I had been to the doctors. I said no I’ve been working. She then said That , My Boyfriend will not be able to sleep at my house untill I’m on the pill !!! We are both old enough to decide wether we want a baby or not. And it’s our choice whether we want one or not. Which we do not and we have used condoms. Do you think this is controlling ?….. this is only one off the things she has done to upset me.
It's ludicrous behaviour, suggestive of someone who failed to take adequate contraceptive measures many years ago.
If you're using the right contraception then she has no business telling you what to do. She may just be worried that there'll be a pregnancy scare, but she is taking it too far.
Reply 3
Original post by rosy_posy
If you're using the right contraception then she has no business telling you what to do. She may just be worried that there'll be a pregnancy scare, but she is taking it too far.

I agree. But I feel there is no need to be worried as it won’t happen and are old enough and smart enough to not let it happen.
Reply 4
Original post by ageshallnot
It's ludicrous behaviour, suggestive of someone who failed to take adequate contraceptive measures many years ago.

yeah it does sound like that
Original post by Yes ok
yeah it does sound like that

I am very much reminded of a female relative of mine, whose mother constantly accused her of being pregnant despite the fact that at the time she was a virgin with virtually no experience whatsoever.

It turned out that the woman's mother had got pregnant at a young age and that her eldest son was not the child of her husband. All this was hushed up for more than 20 years.
You're both adults so both you and your boyfriend are free to do as you please.

Sounds like a real piece of work this lady...
You need to grow a backbone and make it clear your medial business is 100% none of hers, frankly your BF should be doing this for you.
Reply 8
Original post by artful_lounger
You're both adults so both you and your boyfriend are free to do as you please.

Sounds like a real piece of work this lady...

Yes this is very true, this isn’t the only issue we have had, there seems to be a bit of jealousy going on with his mum either this or very controlling.
Reply 9
Original post by StriderHort
You need to grow a backbone and make it clear your medial business is 100% none of hers, frankly your BF should be doing this for you.

Yeah feels like we are being treated like children or she hates me.
Ignore her controlling behaviour that’s totally inappropriate and overstepping boundaries. Just lie and say you’re on the pill so that your boyfriend can come over. As long as your boyfriend uses a condom the chances of getting pregnant are next to none.
Original post by Yes ok
Me and my boyfriend have been together for nearly over 2 years now. I am 20 years old in 3 weeks and my boyfriend is 19 in 4 weeks. We both do not want a baby untill we are much older. His mother also definitely knows we do not want a baby and we have made this very clear. So there’s no need for worry as we’re both on the same page. My boyfriends mother never talks about S*x, she randomly asked us both if we use anything as in safety. We both were in shock at the question and I replied saying We have done so. She then replied saying That I need to go on the pill and tomorrow I have to go to the doctors. I said to her, I have been on the pill before and it made throw up. She then said she Doesn’t care and wants me to go Doctors.

She can't make you go on the pill -- it's entirely your choice.

As with many types of medication, some can have side effects. If one formulation of the pill is making you throw up, there may be others that don't. If you do at some point in the future want to take the pill, that's a conversation to have with your GP.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending