Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    why socks???????????

ReputationRep:
    I live in hoodies!!!
    Hoodies and Jeans yeeees.
    and no I am not a chav either.

ReputationRep:
    They are warm and comfortable, can be worn on most occasions and they are usually shapeless and therefore great to wear on fat days.

ReputationRep:
    I'm wearing one now because:
    one - it's warm, and my parents are stingy when it comes to heating ¬_¬
    two - I really can't be bothered to put on some nice clothes if no one is going to see me in them, might as well get comfy and warm instead

ReputationRep:
    comfort

ReputationRep:
    warm, comfortable, snuggly. Perfect for when you just want to be uber casual and either curl up at home or go shopping/walk to campus.

Jackets and coats can be fairly restrictive and uncomfortable to wear for a long time.

ReputationRep:
    They make you look like a G

ReputationRep:
    They're good for throwing on if you've slept in! Lol!

Or good for snuggling in in the evenings.

I always feel a bit skanky when I'm wearing one though...I think it's cos I hate having things too close to my neck...

ReputationRep:
    God i hate hoodies. Only wore one to go to athletics training about 2 years ago. and that was to keep warm in,
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    There is no attraction. I don't own any.

However, when I'm at home, I live in huge jumpers!

(Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    I'm wearing one now because:
    one - it's warm, and my parents are stingy when it comes to heating ¬_¬
    two - I really can't be bothered to put on some nice clothes if no one is going to see me in them, might as well get comfy and warm instead
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    Just as others have said, they are really warm & comfy, especially my Holister one. Great as it gets colder and they don't look chavy at all. Most of my friends wear them & they are the biggest anti-chavs.

ReputationRep:
    if I had showered and dressed I'd wear one, isntead I'm under my duvet.

ReputationRep:
    They're comfortable however I wouldn't wear one in the rain, i'd wear a coat... I love lazing around in mine, and if I feel like I can't be bothered with getting properly dressed for uni, i'll shove one on with a pair of skinnies and uggs

ReputationRep:
    they is good for scarin dem old people when i walks down the road bruv, cuz dey cant see my face n all young people is criminals braaap braaap

ReputationRep:
    really comfy, cozy like. just yummy :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Why do people have to justify wearing them? next you''l want to know the 'attraction' to wearing trousers...

ReputationRep:
    Comfort and warmth.

ReputationRep:
    Warm and comfortable

ReputationRep:
    Comfortable.
    They have a hood for when it rains, and they can double as a coat without the extra bulkiness.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.