Turn on thread page Beta

Have you ever seen a psychologist/psychiatrist? watch

ReputationRep:
    Yup, apparantly i was mentaly unstable.........and a hint of pyromaniacy......
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Maybe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gossip_girl)
    ive never seen one but i think i should!
    They don't treat "wackiness" or people who are "mad"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juno_the)
    Maybe
    Aren't you sure?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by puppy)
    Aren't you sure?
    I know I've seen counsellors, and I've seen somebody different but I don't know what he was. He said, "hello, my name is James."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    They don't treat "wackiness" or people who are "mad"
    guess what..............i have a life outside of here ppl dont know about! :eek: :mad:

ReputationRep:
    seen a psychiatrist and psychotherapist

ReputationRep:
    No I haven't seen a pshychologist,but sometimes my mom tells me I need to! Haha,but always as a joke,of course.

ReputationRep:
    guess what..............i have a life outside of here ppl dont know about! :eek: :mad:
    What on earth does that have to do with anything? Everyone on here has a life outside this place- TSR doesn't serve food for one thing so we all have to nip off at some point or other. What is it you think you should see someone for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    What on earth does that have to do with anything? Everyone on here has a life outside this place- TSR doesn't serve food for one thing so we all have to nip off at some point or other. What is it you think you should see someone for?
    yes ba=ecause im going to tell you someone who i dont even know

ReputationRep:
    yes ba=ecause im going to tell you someone who i dont even know
    Well why post in the thread then? And you tell people plenty of your problems on here anyway, but fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    Well why post in the thread then? And you tell people plenty of your problems on here anyway, but fair enough.
    i have? when?

ReputationRep:

Seen a psychiatrist, had a psychotherapist for 2 years. Just been assigned to a new psych at uni but haven't met him yet. Fun fun fun fun fun.

ReputationRep:
    whats the difference between psychologists and psychiatrists and councellors? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah:-))
    whats the difference between psychologists and psychiatrists and councellors? :confused:
    Psychiatrists can prescribe medication i.e. anti ds
    I think psychiatrists and counsellors just advise/listen etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah:-))
    Psychologist: There are different branches that you can work in, counselling, forensic, clinical etc. It is the science of behaviour and requires a bachelors degree and 3 more years of professional training.

Psychiatrists are medical doctors with full medical training who have had extra training to work in mental health.

Councellors are trained professionals who aim to guide individuals through their problems and to help them either solve or to analyse problems in a different way. Experience and registration with professional body is neccessary

ReputationRep:
    what happens during CBT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    what happens during CBT?
    It's Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.. it assumes that the problem lies in your mental processes and the way you think about and cope with things, so the therapist looks at this and makes an attempt to help you change them

(I hope I've summed that up correctly.. although I went through it, it's been a few years since I was told about what it's all about!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    Since most people on here are of the age group most prone to quite a few mental disorders, I thought it would be interesting to see who had sought professional help for anything. There've been lots of threads about eating disorders but not about anything else despite the fact that so many people suffer from anxiety, depression, personality disorders etc. If you are feeling particularly open it'd be great to hear why you sort help and whether you found it any good or not.
    i think my mum took me at a very young age cause i wouldn't keep still, never shut up and hardly ever slept etc.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah my mom took me when I was about 5 because she thought I was a problem child... except she lied and told me we were going to see a friend. :rolleyes: That still pisses me off. And it didn't even help, she gave up on it after a few weeks anyway

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.