Have you ever seen a psychologist/psychiatrist? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Makavelli_07
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I had to see a councellor back when i was in Year 9 in school. My parents had just seperated, and it hit me hard. I went into a 'rebellious' stage, and would misbehave quite a lot and be a bit of a bully.

The councellor didn't help, he just patronised me, and made me worse.

In the end i just lose the anger problems and have been fine ever since.
M-J
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
how many people actually paid to go to one?!?

i was refferred when i started self harming (doctor assumed i had issues, mainly because i liked suggesting i had issues with my arms) i was trying to be funny, but i guess some times humour is inappropriate.

I joined the AA of self harmers, which was great until my sponser re-lasped, that made me go.....hmmm. so i became a sponser instead and helping that person helped me more than talking to someone else ever could.
KandyKane
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
[QUOTE=F. Poste]It's Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.. it assumes that the problem lies in your mental processes and the way you think about and cope with things, so the therapist looks at this and makes an attempt to help you change them

(I hope I've summed that up correctly.. although I went through it, it's been a few years since I was told about what it's all about!)[/QUOT

Yeah, that´s what I´m having too. Will go and see my psych tomorrow, she´s a psychiatrist and also trained in cognitive behavioural therapy and NLP.
Elles
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by F. Poste)
It's Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.. it assumes that the problem lies in your mental processes and the way you think about and cope with things, so the therapist looks at this and makes an attempt to help you change them

(I hope I've summed that up correctly.. although I went through it, it's been a few years since I was told about what it's all about!)
that's pretty close to textbook definition, as i remember!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (57)
67.06%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.18%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.76%

Watched Threads