8.61%
    I'm male and I do want kids
    24.50%
    I'm female and I don't want kids
    14.57%
    I'm female and I do want kids
    52.32%

ReputationRep:
    I think it'd be great to have kids but no for a while i.e. late 20s...I want to enjoy life when I have the money to travel and do whatever I want to do without having to worry about what to do with the kids...

Definitely want children, I have always been very maternal and cannot wait to have kids! I also have always seen having children as more important than anything else (career etc.)

ReputationRep:
    Well I wouldn't want them right now, but I guess in the future I probably will. If I did, I'd definitely try and have more than one, as I was an only child, and it was kind of lonely. I like to have a career first though, and preferably one that could then be transposed to working from home - as my mum and dad worked nights from when I was very small, and so I was practically bought up by my grandma, who I never really got on that well with, and so have always resented my parents a bit for that. That said, it was good of my parents to both work, to provide for the family - I think before I had kids I'd definitely want to be in a position to afford a good quality of life for my family!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fran Katzenjammer)
    they like the idea of it, but maybe they can't handle the responsibility.
    Or just don't like kids, it does happen, some people even get sterilised just to make sure and are perfectly happy about it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm deffo having kids - I want 6!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, 2 preferably. 1 boy (Oliver) 1 girl (...haven't decided yet, have a few ideas though) :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but in like a decade. I love kids =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kater Murr)
    Jesus. You'd better be handsome and charming, else you've got nothing going for you in the potential mate department.
    Lucky old me then. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Definitely, maybe around the 30s? I don't see many things that are more important as having children and caring for them well

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, in 10+ years.

ReputationRep:
    I'll definitely want kids, I would like to get married and have children as soon as possible (ie there is financial and emotional stability) because I'd feel irresponsible if I didn't wait until the conditions are ideal. I do want to have kids young though (like in my 20s). Hopefully these two things will work out somehow. The most important thing for me is that I want to know that any kids I have will be born into a loving environment and they can grow up in a stable family.

I find the idea of carrying around a human being for 9 months and then giving birth to it very appealing, actually. That might be strange, but that's just how I feel. Especially when every once in a while my hormones go crazy, then I spend my time reading about pregnancy, how to care for a child, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but not now. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm a guy, and I want kids, but not now. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Baby seats do not belong in the Aston Martin I am envisioning

In all seriousness though, I don't want kids for A VERY LONG time. Maybe when I am 30-35, but only once I have gotten my career rolling and I find a woman who I would trust with my spawn

ReputationRep:
    I want kids. My life will not be complete without children.

There's little inclination to have children right now, but step 1 (I'll avoid a terrible maths pun) would be "securing" a girlfriend. Rationality dictates that I won't ever want children -- quite frankly: children are little *****. But I'm prepared to accept that may change with time.

ReputationRep:
    I would say yes, but I honestly think the world is headed no place good, and I couldn't bear to bring a child into it...
    I also feel fairly strongly that the world is overpopulated and most of our global issues stem from that (please no-one judge me on that-I'm not trying to offend anyone!!!)..
    Career, charity work and possibly adoption for me =]
    x

ReputationRep:
    I don't suppose I'd be a very good dad, but I'd like to try anyway. But there's not really any point in thinking about it. For one thing, convincing someone to even have sex with me is proving a problem, let alone convincing them to carry my child.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to have children, sometimes when I read a really good book or watch a good film I find myself thinking that some time in the future I'll be telling my kids about this great 'old' film that they should watch, just like my mam shows me older films. For some reason I see myself as a mother of boys rather than girls, probably because I'm not the most girly girl anyway. I'd be happy with either though; just getting the chance to be a mother is appealing to me. (I even have a whole host of names for boys ). Of course I'd have to find the right person and be sure that we want the same things. If I couldn't have children I'd definitely adopt.

ReputationRep:
    Yes please :cute:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.