Edexcel A2 Geography B - Module 5 Global Futures Watch

This discussion is closed.
Geogger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by froggymills)
Management being about reducing effects rather than cause....

I understand reducing the effects (prediction, educating, building regulations, land use planning, etc (any more?!?).

But how can we reduce the causes??!?!
.... by feedback from evaluating your management strategies after a previous event... and using that feedback to aid prediction accuracy..... etc
froggymills
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Good luck everyone! Hope we all get the question we want....!
froggymills
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
How did people enjoy the exam?? Well enjoy is the wrong word.....I thought the questions were quite fair. I did the prediction question....yey it didnt have management mixed into it! I thought they gave it a different edge to usual, i.e. why are some more preditable than others, making it slightly harder since I didnt know that much about the science behind the methods...ohh well its over!

Wat did people write about? How much did you all do?
andyd_y02
Report 14 years ago
hi cheers for everyones advice on that exam - went ok i thought i ended up doing the effects vs causes one even though i was sure id take a prediction one i didnt like the spin they put on the one they had today. anyway went prety well i thought id prepared a plan for it and stuff beforehand thinkin it might come up - wrote 5 n a half pages in the end in fairly small handwritin - duno where it all came from!
andyd_y02
Report 14 years ago
oh and hey if it didnt go ok - meh its only 45ums marks in the end cos the other halfs the cswk...better have done well cos i really cant b bothered to resit in june
dynamo
Report 14 years ago
prediction!!!!!!!
how lucky was i having only revised that!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Wrote 8 pages
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.94%
It's just nice to be back! (212)
26.97%
Not great so far... (281)
35.75%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.34%

Watched Threads