The Student Room Group

How to make friends out of school/Uni?

Hi everyone, i'm a 18 year old girl and taking a gap year to get work experience/save up for uni but alot of my friends are moving away and i am afraid i wont be able to meet them, (i dont have that many friends in the first place) how would i go about making new friends/contacts in my gap year when i am not in education? (I live in london)
Original post by Chippypompom
Hi everyone, i'm a 18 year old girl and taking a gap year to get work experience/save up for uni but alot of my friends are moving away and i am afraid i wont be able to meet them, (i dont have that many friends in the first place) how would i go about making new friends/contacts in my gap year when i am not in education? (I live in london)

You can use this website to find some friends! You could make some friends at your job. I know that this seems old but some people still make friends on Yubo. There’s many ways and maybe you can visit some campuses around London (especially for open days) and you might meet some people there.
I'm also planning on taking a gap year :smile: I'm hoping to get into an internship and perhaps make some friends there. I might also join a bunch of clubs to broaden my interests and step out of my comfort zone (things like climbing, martial arts, etc), and hopefully I'll meet some new people there too. Should be fun!
Original post by JA03
You can use this website to find some friends! You could make some friends at your job. I know that this seems old but some people still make friends on Yubo. There’s many ways and maybe you can visit some campuses around London (especially for open days) and you might meet some people there.

what is the website?? :smile:)
Original post by grace.psw
what is the website?? :smile:)

The student room? There are many threads specific to each university present and past so you could potentially find some people attending the university you’re going to and talk with them.
hey! I'm on a gap year too trying to make friends my age, you can PM me whenever if u want :smile:
(im an 18 year old girl too living in London!)

Original post by Chippypompom

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending