The Student Room Group

Men.

Ngl is it just me or every man/guy you see staring at you, you call them pedos or stalkers in your head? Or are you normal lol?

Scroll to see replies

if they look like a perv and stare at u in a weird way then most likely i'd think that
but im pretty sure normal guys wouldn't stare at you
Reply 2
Original post by mari_101
if they look like a perv and stare at u in a weird way then most likely i'd think that
but im pretty sure normal guys wouldn't stare at you

yeahh youre right!! ig all men that stare at me are pervs and it makes me feel uncomfy😭 but some men like it when girls are uncomfy ew
Original post by hai22
yeahh youre right!! ig all men that stare at me are pervs and it makes me feel uncomfy😭 but some men like it when girls are uncomfy ew

unfortunately thats very true
Nope.

There are many reasons as to why someone can be 'staring' at you, and in some cases, they may not even realise they are doing it.

That's not to say that you shouldn't trust your gut, though. Sometimes the risk is greater than we realise.
Reply 5
Original post by Meduse
Nope.

There are many reasons as to why someone can be 'staring' at you, and in some cases, they may not even realise they are doing it.

That's not to say that you shouldn't trust your gut, though. Sometimes the risk is greater than we realise.

yeah true! Maybe they’re zoned out sometimes but yes I’ll try to stay more careful as you said
Original post by hai22
yeah true! Maybe they’re zoned out sometimes but yes I’ll try to stay more careful as you said

What I'm also saying, is that it's wrong to write off all men who stare as pedophiles or sexual predators.

I know you may be on high alert around men, for whatever reason, perhaps an experience, which is absolutely understandable. I just don't want you getting into the habit of fearing men in general, that's all. :smile:
Reply 7
How old are you?
Reply 8
When I was a minor and older men starred at me ..yeah pedo alert.

There are stares that can feel off and uncomfortable. Some guys do need manners and try to tame themselves.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Meduse
What I'm also saying, is that it's wrong to write off all men who stare as pedophiles or sexual predators.

I know you may be on high alert around men, for whatever reason, perhaps an experience, which is absolutely understandable. I just don't want you getting into the habit of fearing men in general, that's all. :smile:

Yeah your right! I agree but honestly it’s not really because of an experience maybe as I went to a girl school I started feeling like all men are pedos (well the ones that stare) but yeah
stare back at them :colonhash:
No.
Men merely making eye contact with someone or staring at a distance is not automatically indicative of a stalker creep, criminal, paedophile or any other type of predatory weirdo.

Some people are just in the habit of calmly staring into space or curious at looking around them.
Males and females.
Looking at a stranger or known individual does not make me jump to the conclusion that the one making eye contact must be a creep or have ill-intent.
Most people are reasonably behaved & law abiding; the bad apples are a very small and unpleasant few responsible for causing a huge amount of trouble for everyone else.
Don't flatter yourself.
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
stare back at them :colonhash:

OP I would not do that if they are making you uncomfortable... they might feel like that's an open invitation to come talk to you.
I am SCREAMING-
😭☠⚰ I get so uncomfortable when that happens especially when they're sm older than me
Original post by xox416
OP I would not do that if they are making you uncomfortable... they might feel like that's an open invitation to come talk to you.

it was a joke...
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
it was a joke...

Still. Just putting that out there just incase it wasn't read as joke to some.
A lot of youngins on here.
Original post by Meduse
Nope.

I agree with this post. Definitely trust your instincts when it comes to safety, and if you feel uncomfortable then take any steps that you need to keep yourself safe. But please remember that there are a lot of neurodivergent people who don't necessarily have the same understanding of the social rules around eye contact or staring.
Original post by hai22
Yeah your right! I agree but honestly it’s not really because of an experience maybe as I went to a girl school I started feeling like all men are pedos (well the ones that stare) but yeah

Then it's just social conditioning... I'm sure you've had the dangers or sexual predators drummed into you since year dot, no? it's not that different to, say, a white person who hasn't had much contact with other races / ethnicities to think blacks are gangsters, Muslims are terrorists etc etc.

A lot of the above is just scare-mongering... you can "un-learn" these stereotypes. As said, some people daydream (or deep in thought) and may look like they're staring when they're not. However, if you do definitely lock eyes with someone and it makes you uncomfortable, just give them the stink eye back (e.g. that "What you looking at?" sneer) Chances are he'll hang his head in shame :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending