Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The Chorlton one.. not the most exotic of places mentioned on here!

I'm gonna be there for 2 hours during the night in a couple of weeks, waiting for a change of coach to get home from uni. What is it like? Do I need to take something to entertain myself or has it got any shops? Has it got any inside bit!? Reckon it'd be safe to sleep in there or not, and is it gonna be freezing cold? What are the chances of someone on a night out wandering in and giving me grief... etc etc

Thanks anyone who bothers to reply to this tedious thread! :p:

ReputationRep:
    you have to pay thirty p to use the toilet.. not safe to sleep its very small and coldddd.. there are chairs though. one shop, but doubt it will be open during the night tbh!

ReputationRep:
    If it's the one i'm thinking of in the centre of town, it's ok.
    It's got vending machines but no shops i don't think.
    Toilets you have to pay for but that's the same in all coach stations i've been to!
    Depends what night of the week you go i guess, it could be rowdy with people from nights out but that's just down to luck. It's next to the gay village and a pretty busy spot so it could happen.
    I woulnd;t go to sleep iin there myself as there's not alot of security and there'll be alot of tramps around.
    Just bring a book and your MP3.

ReputationRep:
    nah its pretty nice, i'm going there today lol!

ReputationRep:
    I"ve been there and I would say that if you are going to be spending 2 hours there, you should take a book. There is a shop but it wont be open during the night, although there are vending machines. I dont know about the warmth of the place because I was there in June and it was warm outside.

ReputationRep:
    So probably worth taking some warm clothing and a flask then! It is actually inside isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcisthealphabet)
    So probably worth taking some warm clothing and a flask then! It is actually inside isn't it?
    Yes its inside

Found this link....scroll down a tiny bit to see a picture of the bus station

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...icial%26sa%3DN

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Cheers, I'm gonna be there from 4am to 6am on a Saturday morning (so Friday night) and could just imagine sitting outside on my case for 120 minutes with all the pissed Mancs walking past. At least now I'll be verbally abused in the warm.

ReputationRep:
    Canal Street might be still in swing then - I.e. the gay street in Manchester, so depending on how you feel about those areas you could either dive in or avoid. The Baa Bar there will have cheep shooters though i'd imagine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izaldo)
    Canal Street might be still in swing then - I.e. the gay street in Manchester, so depending on how you feel about those areas you could either dive in or avoid. The Baa Bar there will have cheep shooters though i'd imagine!
    If I did wanna do that, presume I'd just be leaving my bag open to being nicked? Is there anywhere to lock them up is what I'm asking really?

Shouldn't be a problem though, the idea of being a sober straight guy going into a gay bar at 4am isn't THAT appealing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izaldo)
    The Baa Bar there is legendry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydoh)
    The Baa Bar there is legendry.
    Awh man i live for Baa Bar!:heart:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.