The Student Room Group

Do I need ucat for biomedical science

Guys do I need ucat for biomedical science or pharmacology
no.
I think for Oxford yes but not for other unis
Original post by laraaaaaaa.ox
For biomedical science you don't need any admissions test at any university other than the university of oxford, where you need the BMAT.
Original post by ellliejane
For biomedical science you don't need any admissions test at any university other than the university of oxford, where you need the BMAT.

I thought you need it for imperial
Original post by Amarah Mohmd
I think for Oxford yes but not for other unis

No, they require the BMAT.

As above I'm not aware of any courses that require UCAT for biomedical science. The UCAT assess clinical aptitude (allegedly) and biomedical science is a scientific, not clinical course, so I can't imagine what they'd hope to get out of it if they did require it!

As noted though Oxford do require the BMAT (since that does test scientific aptitude in biomedical related subjects), although it is the exception, not the rule. Cambridge require the NSAA for natural sciences to go into biomedical science related subjects there (e.g. physiology/development/neuroscience, pathology/biology of disease, pharmacology, etc).
I thought you need it for imperial

I could be wrong but I don't think Imperial do biomedical science? At least this year? It's not on their course list on their website.

Quick Reply

Latest