The Student Room Group

Resit if I pay

Can I get a resit in November if I pay my school
Only Maths and English language are available. It's up to your school if they will let you re-sit but if they don't then you can always find an alternative centre.

The entries have to be made by the end of September.
Reply 2
I just need it for history edexcel
I couldn’t perform well in it bcs I had a medical problem my school know about it
Original post by king345
I just need it for history edexcel
I couldn’t perform well in it bcs I had a medical problem my school know about it

The next chance to re-sit History will be Summer 2023. If you only had a medical problem for one paper then you should be able to get a grade based on the others - potentially even a 9 - and so re-sitting won't be necessary.
Reply 4
My school don’t really know about what happened during history
Original post by king345
My school don’t really know about what happened during history

So tell them then, with medical evidence.
Reply 6
Ok so can I then sit history in November
With medical evidence and a letter from parents and GP
Original post by king345

No, see posts #2 and #4: there isn't an exam for anything other than maths or English language in November, so you'd have to wait until next summer to resit history if you needed to.
Original post by king345

There are 2 completely separate issues here:

Your Summer 2022 exams. If you had a medical issue that means you did not perform at your best then your school can put in for special consideration. This is meant to have been done by now but it is still possible to make a late request. This can include missing a whole exam if you weren't well enough and the grade being calculated based on how you did in the other exam(s) - but if you took the exam and the centre didn't notice you were ill you're unlikely to get this.

Re-sitting. Regardless of illness, doctors' notes and how much you pay, the only GCSE exams you can take in November 2022 are Maths and English Language. If you do decide it's worth re-sitting History (it almost certainly isn't) then your next chance is Summer 2023.

(edited 1 year ago)
If you are in the UK, the resits in November for GCSEs other than English/Maths were exceptional due to COVID and do not ordinarily happen. In particular they won't happen this year.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 10
Do I have to pay for maths and English resit in November
Reply 11
Does it include literature resit
Original post by king345
Do I have to pay for maths and English resit in November

Re-sitting is generally free if you get less then a 4 in Maths or English Language - but the sixth from can decide when you re-sit, so ay not let you re-sit until the Summer. If you're paying then you can choose.
Original post by king345
Does it include literature resit

No, as previously said, the only re-sits available in November are for Maths and English Language.
Reply 14
Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest