The Student Room Group

Resitting science Gcse as a adult.

Hi, guys long story but I'm looking to resit science GCSE all 3 I live in Birmingham England any help would be appreciated I'm 22 just want to resit my science and she what happens having a hard time finding places.
learn the theory and concepts via textbooks. then do lots of practice. im doing A levels and GCSE is much easier.
Original post by BILAL78612
learn the theory and concepts via textbooks. then do lots of practice. im doing A levels and GCSE is much easier.

Are you a adult too? I can write a long essay but don't have the energy to bore u or make u feel down I appreciate a response. I just am trying to find a place to resit and get guidance I don't have a lot of money saved 2k but I want my science need it because I can explain if you ever want in more detail but I just don't think your interested. Hope none of this came across as moody I'm not if any of it came across rude I'm very sorry. Happy, for you hope your A levels go okay just trying want my science for me and for my dream. Just feel it would help me get our of this rutt haven't done since since 16 I 22 now if typos I apologise my phone is a pain. Hope someone reposnds if not I understand hope you helping others to anyone who reads this I'm not mad not your fault just trying to have some hope.
(edited 1 year ago)
If you have the confidence and commitment then you can self study and just find an exam centre willing to accept you and pay them purely for the exam entry. If this is the case then you asre better taking IGCSE rather than GCSE as they don't require the centre to sign to say you've completed some practicals.

https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-international-gcses.html#%2FS
Original post by Student 12344
Are you a adult too? I can write a long essay but don't have the energy to bore u or make u feel down I appreciate a response. I just am trying to find a place to resit and get guidance I don't have a lot of money saved 2k but I want my science need it because I can explain if you ever want in more detail but I just don't think your interested. Hope none of this came across as moody I'm not if any of it came across rude I'm very sorry. Happy, for you hope your A levels go okay just trying want my science for me and for my dream. Just feel it would help me get our of this rutt haven't done since since 16 I 22 now if typos I apologise my phone is a pain. Hope someone reposnds if not I understand hope you helping others to anyone who reads this I'm not mad not your fault just trying to have some hope.

I’m 17 years old. What exactly is your question?
I did an IGCSE with a distance learning provider which booked my exam at an exam centre for me. I did it through Cloud Learn.
Hi, guys long story but I'm looking to resit science GCSE all 3 I live in Birmingham England any help would be appreciated I'm 22 just want to resit my science and she what happens having a hard time finding places.

There are many private exam centres that offer GCSEs / GCSE resits to be taken, I know Tutors and Exams is one but I'm not too sure if there's one in Birmingham, the best thing to do is to re-search it, if there are none local you may have to travel longer to find another one.

Hope this helps :smile:.
Original post by dbhc2411
I did an IGCSE with a distance learning provider which booked my exam at an exam centre for me. I did it through Cloud Learn.

How was it? I can only find double award science want to find one that let's me get all 3 sciences I want to get into primary school teaching all ik Is I need math, English and science I have math and English grade 4 nothing to brag about but yeah...I have a level 3 btec in business D*D* assuming I'll need A levels or another btec then it's attempt to do a degree in teaching just trying to remain positive sure is hard
Original post by randompanda_
There are many private exam centres that offer GCSEs / GCSE resits to be taken, I know Tutors and Exams is one but I'm not too sure if there's one in Birmingham, the best thing to do is to re-search it, if there are none local you may have to travel longer to find another one.

Hope this helps :smile:.

What ones do you know buddy anything helps really. Do you think I should just do a double award in science I just find it frustrating you do all 3 sciences but come out with 2 gcses I read if you perform well you can still do a level science. But yes I just want to get into teaching it's a long road but trying still live with family nobody is really supportive but get it they mean well.
Original post by BILAL78612
I’m 17 years old. What exactly is your question?

Nothing really jus was wondering if your a adult learner too see your experiences thanks for any help
Original post by EBluebear
If you have the confidence and commitment then you can self study and just find an exam centre willing to accept you and pay them purely for the exam entry. If this is the case then you asre better taking IGCSE rather than GCSE as they don't require the centre to sign to say you've completed some practicals.

https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-international-gcses.html#%2FS

Great name makes me think of blue bears now. Any way, I want some guidance some help throughout it not super confident I just want to figure it out if worst comes to worst I'd have to do that. Trying to find a way to do a triple award can't find one at all if your asking why because I would be resitting all 3 sciences and getting 2 only out of it on a double award is a mood killer I want to get into primary school teaching I have 2 gcses jus math and English wanted to have 5 wow that sounds so silly I bet. If worst comes to worst I'll do the double award and maybe do another GCSE giving me 3 just trying to get into teaching...I come from a business studies background did it as a btec in college got D*D* which is 115 UCAS points and one semester in uni made me realise this isn't what I want in my life. Just been trying to pick myself up. Hear the triple award is so much harder even if I can't be a teacher I just want my science for me if that makes sense or not who knows. Hope your having a good day. Any tips or advice further is appreciated trying to enroll somewhere by September ideally for 2 years to have a better chance to get better grades can be online or class room based idm I hate online but I'm aware as a adult leader it's much harder trying to figure it all out feels a lot sometimes
How was it? I can only find double award science want to find one that let's me get all 3 sciences I want to get into primary school teaching all ik Is I need math, English and science I have math and English grade 4 nothing to brag about but yeah...I have a level 3 btec in business D*D* assuming I'll need A levels or another btec then it's attempt to do a degree in teaching just trying to remain positive sure is hard

It was good, I only retook Chemistry as that's the only one I needed.

Well, you'd either do the Double Award (which is all 3 sciences - weirdly), but you just do Paper 1 of Bio, Chem and Physics. I think Science Double Award will be fine for your requirements :smile:

Else, you'd need to do all three IGCSEs separately, and take a total of 6 exams (Paper 1 + 2 of all three)
Original post by dbhc2411
It was good, I only retook Chemistry as that's the only one I needed.

Well, you'd either do the Double Award (which is all 3 sciences - weirdly), but you just do Paper 1 of Bio, Chem and Physics. I think Science Double Award will be fine for your requirements :smile:

Else, you'd need to do all three IGCSEs separately, and take a total of 6 exams (Paper 1 + 2 of all three)

Would you just do a double award in science? Just feels frustrating doing all 3 sciences and just getting 2 out of it. But maybe this is enough? Just hoping someone can help find me a place that let's me do a triple award looking for 2 years as 1 year just it's too much good to be honest. Jus try doing research everyday but finding it a pain. If i do a double award I would end up with 3 GCSEs if worst comes to worst I can do another GCSE making it 5 but yeah I'm jus thinking sure is hard. Hope you get a gd grade in chem
Would you just do a double award in science? Just feels frustrating doing all 3 sciences and just getting 2 out of it. But maybe this is enough? Just hoping someone can help find me a place that let's me do a triple award looking for 2 years as 1 year just it's too much good to be honest. Jus try doing research everyday but finding it a pain. If i do a double award I would end up with 3 GCSEs if worst comes to worst I can do another GCSE making it 5 but yeah I'm jus thinking sure is hard. Hope you get a gd grade in chem

If you're wanting to do triple science because you plan to do A-Level afterwards, you don't need to because no colleges (that I know of) require triple science- combined is completely acceptable

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending