The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Security gates in accomodation left unlocked

The provider of my halls at central quay managed by Capitol Student, Sheffield has allegedly left the security gates / door to the block unlocked for days "to make it easier for people who are moving in".

I don't feel safe. Is there any remedial action which can be taken?
Original post by Anonymous
The provider of my halls at central quay managed by Capitol Student, Sheffield has allegedly left the security gates / door to the block unlocked for days "to make it easier for people who are moving in".

Their complaints procedure is detailed on the following page:

https://www.capitolstudents.com/faqs/

It does note that there should be staff on site that you can raise it with first. The basis of your complaint should be that their website clearly states that in their developments "all door entry is secured with a lock system".
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Why do you say "allegedly" ?

When you make a complaint it will be better to have first-hand evidence -- e.g. "I was at the entrance door to block A on 17:45 on Friday and it was unlocked" as opposed to "I've been told by someone that ..." or "There's a rumour going round that ..."
Original post by martin7
Why do you say "allegedly" ?

When you make a complaint it will be better to have first-hand evidence -- e.g. "I was at the entrance door to block A on 17:45 on Friday and it was unlocked" as opposed to "I've been told by someone that ..." or "There's a rumour going round that ..."

Strongly agree.

I suspect the OP knows that the door have been left open, but has only heard on the grapevine as to why this might be. They should speak to the staff onsite and get their name.

Hi there,

I am just responding on here as well in case you missed our reply over on the other thread where you posted.

We are sorry to hear this and understand the importance of feeling safe and secure in your halls. We suggest you contact accommodation services via the details below to raise your concerns with the team - our colleagues work closely with providers and should hopefully be able to resolve this issue moving forward - we will also contact the team to relay this information as well. We also suggest you copy in our residential support service ([email protected]), who are on hand to provide you with additional guidance and support whilst living away from home.

Accommodation Services
[email protected]
+44 (0)114 225 4512
Monday - Friday between 9:30am - 4:30pm

I hope this helps and please do not hesitate to contact us with any additional questions, queries or concerns.

Best wishes,
Luke - Official Sheffield Hallam Rep
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending