Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If so many people with offers are turning St A down, I wonder if some places might come up in Extra or Clearing? Might be worth looking...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhilosophicalFi)
    If so many people with offers are turning St A down, I wonder if some places might come up in Extra or Clearing? Might be worth looking...
    They factor in that people reject offers by giving out more offers than they have places. Plus, with this years huge intake and accommodation fiasco I can't see St Andrews entering Extra for many things (if at all) and they generally just DON'T do Clearing. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chester.)
    They factor in that people reject offers by giving out more offers than they have places.
    Most uni's do that. Which means they're then crossing their fingers, since if they make you an offer, and you accept and meet that offer, it's a legal requirement that they must take you. If they haven't got room, they have to make room.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chester.)
    They factor in that people reject offers by giving out more offers than they have places. Plus, with this years huge intake and accommodation fiasco I can't see St Andrews entering Extra for many things (if at all) and they generally just DON'T do Clearing. :rolleyes:
    I think you're right - just checked on the UCAS site and they don't have ANY of their philosophy courses in Extra :rolleyes:

Plenty of other places that do have, though.

ReputationRep:
    Hello peeps,

I applied to do Philosophy and IR, and was made an offer for Philosophy.

Although it's a good offer, I'd like to know what my chances are at 'sneaking in' to IR once I'm 'in the system', as it were. Apparently it's all very flexible at St. Andrews.

Thanks you beautiful people

ReputationRep:
    if you get 3As/already have 3 As, then you should be able to take IR as one of your other subjects and continue it up to honours level. They won't let you do so if you don't have the grades required for IR though

ReputationRep:
    Even given how competetive IR is? Cool, thank you.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.