The Student Room Group

how did you beat the heat?

I herd it was really hot on Monday and Tuesday. (I was away in Spain) so how did you guys and girls beat the record breaking heat?

As i said i was away in Spain so missed it I was by a really nice swimming pool in Andalusia.
Air con.
Original post by Son of the Sea
I’m sure the heat was far worse in Andalusia lol.

Nah it was only about 35.
Literally just stayed inside the whole time in shorts and a t shirt with multiple fans directed at me. Oh and also ate lots of ice cream
I had my covid vaccine on Sunday, so I felt plenty cold enough on Monday. :cool:
Didn't go so well when my vision and sense of balance went, but I still wasn't overwhelmed by the heat, and that's what matters.
I opted to work 12 hour shifts this week. 😂

I work as an associate practitioner in a pathology lab with a KICK ASS AC system. So, in short I worked from 8am-8pm every single work day this week (minus Friday as I was told I’d done too many hours that week). - 49 hours total, so quite a bit of overtime, not complaining though as my contract states any overtime I work will increase my standard hourly wage by 60%. 😁

So I sat in that lab working in a nice, cool 19 degree heat. Was so happy!
(edited 1 year ago)
Kept all the curtains shut and windows open, consumed way too many ice creams
I didn't.

I will be getting air conditioning next year.
We have 1 smallish portable air con unit (it's really more like a glorified fan that you put water and ice blocks into) plus 5 fans in the house.
It was still melting though.
I didn't. I just endured it.
By putting up a fight :biggrin:
I had to use a small Fan throughout the day but the issue was it was just blowing out hot air :frown: I am so glad the Weather has become a lot more cool than the past days :smile:
ice cream is the solution LOL
Flew to Heaven and floated on clouds for a while. How was it for you all? Heard it was awful.

Quick Reply

Latest