The Student Room Group

a guy friend called you hot, long and pretty when he was on call with you drunk

so what does it mean when a guy friend calls me hot when he drunk called me just randomly when we were having a conversation, he has called me hot before but I've completely lost memory of it and can't remember whether that time was when he was conscious but I think it was when he was really tired.

I am actually in a dilemma, I used to like this guy before years ago, he didn't like me and a few months ago we had new chapter as friends, we've been friends since dec 2019. it's honestly been so crazy but now its been really fun and chill. I get awkward when he repeats it when he called me, ive not discussed about it to him and when he brought it up, I try to change the subject cos I feel like im in denial and I dont want to go into "that" feelings talk, bcos before I really was sensitive and I dont neccesarily have a nice memory of it and I feel like at this point, im overthinking. and being draumatic.

I've got no idea how I feel, I do smile when he texts me, cos we do have fun together and he likes my company. we've never dated but he always showed signs that he liked me but I never tried to take it further cos I know its not true and im scared of getting rejected again.

should I ask him if he meant what he said when he was drunk?

this is basically one of the first times hes complimented me properly, I dont know if its true. maybe I should ask ?

thanks if you reach the end of this.
Reply 1
he likes you and im assuming you dont, or not as much from your hesitance? my suggestion is to set some boundaries as soon as you can
Reply 2
thank you for your post! i completely forgot to check if anyone responded or had seen my post. i do like him, I think I was hesitant of being hurt again.
i managed to ask him and he said that he was being honest.

we were on call till 3am, he started to intake alcohol and even intaking alcohol he says that he's honest and not drunk, i geniuely thought that he wasn't drunk cos i think he actually wasn't, but then whilst he was "drunk" he asked me out, and i said yes. he said it was very nerve-wracking and that I'm lucky that he asked. the next day it was normal, we talked and snapped etc. and had arranged a week before to meet on Tuesday with some friends and have some drink.

on that day he didn't eat anything before he drank so he was drunk. he was acting like he liked me a lot, asking me to play with his hair, hug him, hold my hand etc, i was very nervous that day and i didn't want to do too much with him especially since he was drunk. now I'm glad i didn't otherwise i would have more regrets.

he took about 2 hours to sober up and once he did, he was normal as well, he just laid on the ground holding my hand, but i don't know if that was genuine or not. it was our first "date" but not really, so i was really nervous. then after a while i was helping my friend since she become very drunk about her own boy problems and was sick so i was helping her, i do remember not giving more attention or affection to him. his old school friend came and he said to him that me and him were a thing, going out whatever u call it, and that was when he was very sober.

when my friend was sobering up a bit, he said that he would like to have a word with me, he basically said that he thinks its not working. i asked him why, and he said that its not me, nothing to do with me, just him. i was shocked, confused as to why and what had happened. i felt guilty.

he then left and i got his friend and my friend together and walked towards where he was. then there i asked to talk to him, so we did and he just said that he's not into me like that. he sort of blamed it on the drinking and that he was drunk. and that was the conclusion i took out of it, i just said okay just forget about everything, you were drunk. he asked if i was okay, how could i be okay, but i said I'm fine and that I'll give him some space.

i think i was so out of it, i don't know why he suddenly says that, its like as if it was all a dream and a joke.

after that day, we haven't spoken. i asked his friend who was there if he had said anything about it, he said no, and that he seemed not very happy (upset) when they were on the way home.

i miss him very much as much as all of this sounds cringey af. and i want to see him even as friends. there was special moments on that day and it sort of just crumbled apart. what should i do?

that boy hides what he truly feels all the time, and i feel like he's hiding again or scared of the future.
Original post by Marteo
he likes you and im assuming you dont, or not as much from your hesitance? my suggestion is to set some boundaries as soon as you can
Reply 3
Original post by ravenyomo
thank you for your post! i completely forgot to check if anyone responded or had seen my post. i do like him, I think I was hesitant of being hurt again.
i managed to ask him and he said that he was being honest.

we were on call till 3am, he started to intake alcohol and even intaking alcohol he says that he's honest and not drunk, i geniuely thought that he wasn't drunk cos i think he actually wasn't, but then whilst he was "drunk" he asked me out, and i said yes. he said it was very nerve-wracking and that I'm lucky that he asked. the next day it was normal, we talked and snapped etc. and had arranged a week before to meet on Tuesday with some friends and have some drink.

on that day he didn't eat anything before he drank so he was drunk. he was acting like he liked me a lot, asking me to play with his hair, hug him, hold my hand etc, i was very nervous that day and i didn't want to do too much with him especially since he was drunk. now I'm glad i didn't otherwise i would have more regrets.

he took about 2 hours to sober up and once he did, he was normal as well, he just laid on the ground holding my hand, but i don't know if that was genuine or not. it was our first "date" but not really, so i was really nervous. then after a while i was helping my friend since she become very drunk about her own boy problems and was sick so i was helping her, i do remember not giving more attention or affection to him. his old school friend came and he said to him that me and him were a thing, going out whatever u call it, and that was when he was very sober.

when my friend was sobering up a bit, he said that he would like to have a word with me, he basically said that he thinks its not working. i asked him why, and he said that its not me, nothing to do with me, just him. i was shocked, confused as to why and what had happened. i felt guilty.

he then left and i got his friend and my friend together and walked towards where he was. then there i asked to talk to him, so we did and he just said that he's not into me like that. he sort of blamed it on the drinking and that he was drunk. and that was the conclusion i took out of it, i just said okay just forget about everything, you were drunk. he asked if i was okay, how could i be okay, but i said I'm fine and that I'll give him some space.

i think i was so out of it, i don't know why he suddenly says that, its like as if it was all a dream and a joke.

after that day, we haven't spoken. i asked his friend who was there if he had said anything about it, he said no, and that he seemed not very happy (upset) when they were on the way home.

i miss him very much as much as all of this sounds cringey af. and i want to see him even as friends. there was special moments on that day and it sort of just crumbled apart. what should i do?

that boy hides what he truly feels all the time, and i feel like he's hiding again or scared of the future.

uhh this one is pretty complicated, honestly if he went that far while he was drunk im not sure if he rly didnt like you, but i cant get in his mind
maybe he thought you werent rly into him as much and didnt want to come off as pushing you so he wanted to respect you when he was sober
or myb he was honest and he really doesnt like you and only did that bc he was drunk

anyway there's really not much you can do aside ask him from which you already got an answer, i guess you can also express your feelings if u want to if u dont want it to stick to your heart forever.

but you should also make sure if these are just normal love feelings you'll get over in like a week or something actually special about him that makes you like him, if it's the latter maybe what i said earlier is worth pursuing, otherwise i'd just let it die down tbh

good luck tho i wish u the best
Reply 4
Original post by Marteo
uhh this one is pretty complicated, honestly if he went that far while he was drunk im not sure if he rly didnt like you, but i cant get in his mind
maybe he thought you werent rly into him as much and didnt want to come off as pushing you so he wanted to respect you when he was sober
or myb he was honest and he really doesnt like you and only did that bc he was drunk

anyway there's really not much you can do aside ask him from which you already got an answer, i guess you can also express your feelings if u want to if u dont want it to stick to your heart forever.

but you should also make sure if these are just normal love feelings you'll get over in like a week or something actually special about him that makes you like him, if it's the latter maybe what i said earlier is worth pursuing, otherwise i'd just let it die down tbh

good luck tho i wish u the best

thanks again, i appreciate your advice and opinion. i completely agree with you. there's two ways to this and I just cant wrap it around my head. but uh I think I've decided to let it go and just stay friends with him, its got more complicated when feelings were thrown into the mix. its for the best, anything can happen and i tried expressing my feelings to him, he got really quiet and i was confused as to why but he wouldn't reply to that either.

anyways there's plenty of fish in the sea as they say, and we live once. thank you and i wish u the best in life as well!

are you currently in a relationship or complicated like me or single?
Reply 5
thanks again, i appreciate your advice and opinion. i completely agree with you. there's two ways to this and I just cant wrap it around my head. but uh I think I've decided to let it go and just stay friends with him, its got more complicated when feelings were thrown into the mix. its for the best, anything can happen and i tried expressing my feelings to him, he got really quiet and i was confused as to why but he wouldn't reply to that either.

anyways there's plenty of fish in the sea as they say, and we live once. thank you and i wish u the best in life as well!

so sry for only answering like 5 days later ive not made a good habit of consistently checking out this site
i appreciate your wishes / wish the same & nope i'm not in any relationships
Zamn, she long???!!!!!!
Reply 7
??? what do you mean
Original post by zuluwarrior7650
Zamn, she long???!!!!!!
Reply 8
thanks for your help, no worries i appreciate it too!!!
Original post by Marteo
so sry for only answering like 5 days later ive not made a good habit of consistently checking out this site
i appreciate your wishes / wish the same & nope i'm not in any relationships

This sounds super complicated so I wouldn’t go for anything. If he wanted to be clear with you, he should have said so when he’s sober.

Anyway, I hope your next experience is a lot more positive and less complicated (I’ve been there before, it defo messes with you)
"long"

Did you mean "leng"?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending