Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frost3dbutts)
    I heard David Mitchell totally ****** up his degree because he spent more time pissing about than studying/

:yep:

In true David Mitchell style. :grin:

ReputationRep:
    Are handcuffs 'more fun' than butt plugs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Da Bachtopus)
    Are handcuffs 'more fun' than butt plugs?
    If it's in the context of the police looking for something to restrain you with, yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH123)
    :yep:

In true David Mitchell style. :grin:
    The things I would do to that man...

Lol @ your icon btw. Love the weird hand eye thing from Pan.

ReputationRep:
    To get back to the original question: I have been an undergrad at both, and Cambridge was more fun, in my opinion. Exams at the start of every term at Oxford ruin your vacations.

ReputationRep:
    I hope not anyway. I hate fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frany1)
    To get back to the original question: I have been an undergrad at both, and Cambridge was more fun, in my opinion. Exams at the start of every term at Oxford ruin your vacations.
    Really? That's quite unusual. Or are/were you a medic, or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frany1)
    Oh, it's not as if collections matter in the slightest.... certainly not worth worrying yourself about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpchem)
    Oh, it's not as if collections matter in the slightest.... certainly not worth worrying yourself about.
    She referred to them in the past tense, so I'm sure they're no longer worrying her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natsuko)
    And don't forget the Monty Python gang
    Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zumoku)
    Oxford.
    John Cleese went to Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    I'm living in Cambridge this year (not uni yet) with little experience of Oxford so I can't compare but I just want to say you can definitely have a lot of fun here if you want. I was in the situation a few years ago that I disregarded oxbridge cus I wanted to go to a 'fun' uni but I'm over that now because I don't think the uni makes all that much difference, only really varies the amount of time you ha!ve spare. Sure, the clubs are, on the whole, crap, but I've quickly realised that most clubbing is pretty crap (+ expensiveee!) and the main thing that makes it fun is the people you go with - and you'll meet some great people here. College life, which is every year you're at the uni sounds like awesome fun and I really can't wait.

I'm pretty sure Oxford's gonna be pretty similar.

ReputationRep:
    In 1991, Harvard University created its own spoof of the Nobel Prize, called the 'Ig Nobel Prize'. Ten prizes are awarded each year for 'for achievements that make people laugh, and then make them think'. The University of Cambridge has had no winners.

http://www.cam.ac.uk/univ/nobelprize.html

ReputationRep:
    Only two Petreans on that list

ReputationRep:
    Oxford nightlife is fine. It's not on the same level as some places I'm sure (Manchester, London etc) but theres nothing wrong with it. You can definately have a good night out 3/4 times a week if you want to.

Also, Oxford does have plenty of drinking societies. Most of them seem to be college based, so to be fair I don't know if all colleges have them but I'm sure the majority do.

Tbh, considering the amount of free/v cheap booze you can get in a week from various societies I'm surprised Oxford isn't known for being one of the best unis for drinking.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the complete opposite actually. It depends on your college my friend works all day in oxford. Cambridge i think is more relaxed. It is also less "upper class" than oxford.

ReputationRep:
    Does the phrase "to have fun" actually mean to go clubbing in the biggest, loudest club possible?
    Have I truly been misusing this word for 18 years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahmaloney)
    I thought the complete opposite actually. It depends on your college my friend works all day in oxford. Cambridge i think is more relaxed. It is also less "upper class" than oxford.
    Come on then, let's have a justification for this...

ReputationRep:
    Cam Is Better Than Ox IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whizz-kid)
    Cam Is Better Than Ox IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I thought most people got over the need to post responses like that after their first term.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.