The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
there's plenty of night life in cambridge, which i think also happens to be a far prettier place than oxford (coming from london, oxford looks quite boring really -although bits are very nice).

and the people who complain about there being not enough clubs at cambridge probably think they're more of a party animal than they actually are.
Reply 81
gambit12
there's plenty of night life in cambridge, which i think also happens to be a far prettier place than oxford (coming from london, oxford looks quite boring really -although bits are very nice).

and the people who complain about there being not enough clubs at cambridge probably think they're more of a party animal than they actually are.

To be honest, I can't imagine the night-life being that great and the quantity of clubs isn't really what determines how great a night out is. If the music is ****, the club is ****; variety is key.
Based on my experience going out with students at both Ox and Cam, Ive had much more fun in Cambridge... It just seems to be a nicer, more 'intercollegiate' and relaxed feel. Plus the city is generally nicer, and there are very few 'chavvy bars'. All opinion, really. It depends on who you are, what your mates are like, what you get involved in etcetc.

Latest