The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

bath vs durham

for mathematics, which uni is better, bath or durham, and are either comparable to warwick?
Original post by Mertzy3739
for mathematics, which uni is better, bath or durham, and are either comparable to warwick?

Hiya

A current Maths student would be better placed to answer that question- you can talk to them here: https://www.durham.ac.uk/study/student-connect/unibuddy-uk/

-Himieka
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

I would suggest Bath - you shouldn't try to rank unis. Bath is a better place to live than Warwick.

Which course do you prefer?
Reply 3
Original post by Muttley79
I would suggest Bath - you shouldn't try to rank unis. Bath is a better place to live than Warwick.

Which course do you prefer?

i think i prefer the warwick course because they offer modules of fractal geometry and many of the optionl modules are physics related, like astronomy, galaxies and particle physics, whilst still having many purely mathematical modules like fractals, knot theory and nukber theory which all really interest me.
Hey, I'm a current Warwick student and I grew up in Bath. If you have any specific questions I'm happy to answer them.

There's plenty of uni rankings out there. I always used the Guardian's list to compare unis when I was making my choices but obviously theres tons of lists to choose from. I'm not sure how different the quality of the course would be at Bath or Durham but they're both top unis so I imagine very similar. But as you said I do believe Warwick is still the best choice for it and slightlybetter than the other two in that aspect.

again, if you got any questions about bath/warwick lmk!!
i think i prefer the warwick course because they offer modules of fractal geometry and many of the optionl modules are physics related, like astronomy, galaxies and particle physics, whilst still having many purely mathematical modules like fractals, knot theory and nukber theory which all really interest me.

OK but Bath is better respected for Maths than Durham.

Go to Bath, especially if you want to go into industry afterwards. Their relentless focus on employability by promoting sandwich/industrial placement degrees makes them an extremely good university.

Quick Reply

Latest