Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Some of the law schools that I am considering have two year LLB programs (Leicester, Hull, Kent and Sheffield) while others I am looking at (Warwick, Manchester and Sussex) do not.

As a student completing a four year undergraduate degree, I would meet the requirements for the 2 year program and would be most interested to hear from you if you are in a position to assess any of the 2 year programs, particularly those mentioned above. I am aware of the way the course selection works- essentially you take the core courses with vitually no room left for electives.

What are the pros and cons of a 2 year versus a 3 year?

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    You might want to visit this site: http://affiliatedlaw.blogspot.com/

It says Cambridge Affiliated Law, but it has good information about Senior Status Law Programs in general. I think the owner frequents TSR as well, Ad-Alta's the username if I'm not mistaken.

Personally, I chose the 2-year courses because of the costs of me going to, and staying in the U.K. That's basically it. If I could, I probably would have chosen the 3-year ones though, so that the workload would be distributed in a manner that would make my life less hectic (and would consequently allow me more time to be a tourist :laughing:).

Good luck with your decision and application!

ReputationRep:
    thanks for that. Which school are you attending and what do you think of it? Do you attend classes with students in the 3 year program?

ReputationRep:
    I just applied last month for entry in 2009/2010, so I'm afraid I won't be able to answer Question 1.

As for Question 2, I think affiliated students do attend classes with those in the 3-year program. I could be wrong though.

ReputationRep:
    Here's how it works at my uni:

Year 1 SS:
    -Legal System (Yr1)
    -Constitutional Law (Yr1)
    -Contract (Yr1)
    -Property & Equity (Yr1)
    -EU 1 (Yr1)
    -Criminal 1 (Yr2)
    -Mooting (Yr2)
    -One option unrelated to law eg language

Year 2 SS
    -Criminal 2 (Yr2)
    -Land (Yr2)
    -Tort 1 (Yr2)
    -Tort 2 (Yr2)
    -EU 2 (Yr2)
    -Equity & Trusts (Yr3)
    -Yr3 option
    -Yr3 option
    -One option unrelated

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.