The Student Room Group

Job interview

I have any interview on Wednesday and I never had a job can someone help me and give examples of a time you went above and beyond to help someone you didn’t know

2.a time you made a mistake and learnt from it

I have nothing to say for these please help it would be helpful my first job interview
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by laraaaaaaa.ox
I have any interview on Wednesday and I never had a job can someone help me and give examples of a time you went above and beyond to help someone you didn’t know

2.a time you made a mistake and learnt from it

I have nothing to say for these please help it would be helpful my first job interview

Think also about your school experience or personal experience. For example, If you have helped someone with a question in class or given directions to a stranger. Try to expand on these by saying how it made you feel to help them. You are constantly growing and developing. Even though it doesn't come to you straight away, there will be a time where something hasn't gone the way you expected it to, so you changed what you did the next time.

I haven't personally been asked the first question but on the second question, I spoke about deadlines and how in my first assignment, I didn't time manage effectively and ended up giving it in on the same night. The next assignment that I was given, I focused more on how I could finish it at an appropriate time.

I wish you luck on your first interview! It is genuinely nothing to worry about. It may seem intimidating, but remeber that this is just the employer getting to know you and allow you to explain your skills. It may feel especially intimidating if there is more than one interviewer, but this is just to ensure that you are being given fair treatment and not being discriminated against in your interview.

Also, take your time! You don't have to answer these questions instantly. You can take a second to think and say "could I just think for a minute". In fact, it's better to take your time with some questions as it shows the interviewer that you are carefully considering what to say, which is something that can stand out in an interview. These are things I've learned whilst studing business at college and through my first job interview.

I hope this was a little helpful! Good luck!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending