This discussion is closed.
fordeletionpurposesonly.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hi everybody! "Hi Dr Nick!"

Just though I'd share a little amazing fact I've discoverd over my last few visits to the gym....

Exercise is good fun!!

I'm shocked, I never thought I'd actually *gasp* enjoy going to the gym but it really isn't that bad! And all the exercises on my plan that were hellish to begin with are getting much easier!

And actually, since my car has been taken away from me by the insurers so they can fix the broken locks ( :hmpf: ), I've re-discovered my bike and that cycling's really fun too!

So to everyone that's thinking (but is a bit scared [like I was]) about joining a gym, do it Ask to have a plan devised for you so you know you're doing the right stuff and get into it
MorbidAngel
Badges: 11
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by red665)
Exercise is good fun!!
no. it isnt. its too much hard work. i get enough at work
habosh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I love it...though sometimes I'm so lazy but it's my fault
Harv616
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I would, but im tired all the time anyway
Sam_B
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i have to do some exercise everyday or i feel fat and stupid. sometime i will just go for 5km run just for fun

i recently discovered how good pressups are, i couldnt do them for ages cos i had a shoulder injury...
Natalie Lane
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sam_B)
i have to do some exercise everyday or i feel fat and stupid. sometime i will just go for 5km run just for fun
:dito: Just took a shower after coming back from one... (I was bored, they're not exactly for fun most of the time though...)
Mad_Monkey59
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Just though I'd share a little amazing fact I've discoverd over my last few visits to the gym....

Exercise is good fun!!

I'm shocked, I never thought I'd actually *gasp* enjoy going to the gym but it really isn't that bad! And all the exercises on my plan that were hellish to begin with are getting much easier!

And actually, since my car has been taken away from me by the insurers so they can fix the broken locks ( :hmpf: ), I've re-discovered my bike and that cycling's really fun too!

So to everyone that's thinking (but is a bit scared [like I was]) about joining a gym, do it Ask to have a plan devised for you so you know you're doing the right stuff and get into it
Excellent advice to all the lazy arses on the boards, and do you know whats really great? Instead of the usual, I wanna lose/gain weight thread, you actual asked a proffesional and hence saved me, you and sillynarb alot of time . thankyou!
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm about to go for a jog, but I have to say I find the gym very boring... much better to play sports as theres a competitive edge :cool:
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Natalie Lane)
:dito: Just took a shower after coming back from one... (I was bored, they're not exactly for fun most of the time though...)
I take the dog so it serves a purpose aswell. Plus take the mp3 and sing out loud the whole way
Natalie Lane
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
I'm about to go for a jog, but I have to say I find the gym very boring... much better to play sports as theres a competitive edge :cool:
best thing is to do both really, as the exercise will help you excel in your choice of sport...

I tried the singing thing ^ but people look at me like I'm crazy (I don't jog in the gym, only go to the gym for the classes-type thing...)
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ugh I HATE exercise. The most I do is take a walk outside once in awhile,haha.
PinkPigeon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't mind the gym when i've got my iPod because I just ignore the fact that i'm running/cylcing or whatever and just think 'oh i'm listening to music!' Also, i enjoy having a swim and a sauna afterwords so it sorta makes it seem worth it, like a reward for myself!
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Lol I really enjoy cycling atm, it's soo good. I try to cycle every second day, instead of everyday, with jogs in btw, but cyclings more fun for me :confused: I like swimming too.

Nah, no reason for me to join the gym atm, but I think I will eventually, come winter :cool: I'll most likely join the uni one, and I might need to by about June time as Canberra (the city I only live in for uni, I'm from Melb) winters are freezing! :eek:

Danni x
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.82%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.79%
I don't think they'd understand (51)
15.13%
It might lead to more bullying (128)
37.98%
There's nothing they could do (102)
30.27%

Watched Threads