The Student Room Group

Predicted CCD, now they tell me :(

I just got my mid-term report through and it's really bad, especially my predicted grades. Basically I'm applying for geographical courses and have a D predicted in geography. I got a B at AS level. I know I've kinda screwed up a bit this year so far but I'm right back on track now, have been getting essays in on time, looking motivated etc etc, only apparently this isn't good enough :frown: I'm now looking at the possibility that I'm not going to get any offers as the only university who would possibly take me is Aberystwyth and because of distance it's not my absolute first choice. Brighton was but they want BCC, which was my AS level results but apparently my teachers have absolutely no faith in me this year :mad:

If the worst came to the worst and I got no offers would I be better off doing a science foundation year through clearing then apply to the universities I want to go to? Beacuse I'm not keen on going somewhere I don't want to go for3 years.
Reply 1
Nynyflower
I just got my mid-term report through and it's really bad, especially my predicted grades. Basically I'm applying for geographical courses and have a D predicted in geography. I got a B at AS level. I know I've kinda screwed up a bit this year so far but I'm right back on track now, have been getting essays in on time, looking motivated etc etc, only apparently this isn't good enough :frown: I'm now looking at the possibility that I'm not going to get any offers as the only university who would possibly take me is Aberystwyth and because of distance it's not my absolute first choice. Brighton was but they want BCC, which was my AS level results but apparently my teachers have absolutely no faith in me this year :mad:

If the worst came to the worst and I got no offers would I be better off doing a science foundation year through clearing then apply to the universities I want to go to? Beacuse I'm not keen on going somewhere I don't want to go for3 years.

My teachers were like that, I was predicted ACCU (completley flunkd my exams except 1 at AS) and i needed at least ABB for a law course. I just said that there was no if about me exceeding their predictions, i would do it just to spite them. They put me up to AABB, which is what i was acheiving in lessons. :smile:

If you got BBC at AS i dont know why they predicted you lower, as aren't they suppose to be used for that purpose?
Has ur ucas already been sent off? Because it might be an idea to talk to your teachers about your concerns? If its already gone and you get no offers, but end up with the required grades, could you not take a gap year and apply again for 2010?
Reply 2
Nynyflower

If you don't get any offers. Do a gap year and reapply with your A-level grades in hand...
Reply 3
check if the course came up on clearing last year, if it did then you will be fine!
Reply 4
abu.10
check if the course came up on clearing last year, if it did then you will be fine!

How do you go about checking this? Archaeology courses in particular.

OP: sorry to threadjack a little.
Reply 5
What a lot of ********. Your teachers have no right to do this, you've got a B, if anything the likelihood is that you'll end up with one at A2 as well. By doing this they're jeopardising your chances and either will make you go somewhere you dislike or take a year out.

Talk to your head of 6th form or get your parents to write in.
is the course a popular one? if it's not then chances are you'll get conditionals regardless of your predicted grades (well i mean obviously if you're predicted EEEU and you're applying for an AAAa course, then you won't. i'm not too sure about popular courses, but i know emilina applied for a popular course and got in even with bad AS grades.
Why don't you take a year out, then reapply with your actual grades? That'll avoid the anxiety of not knowing if you have the right grades after you have sat your exams too.
Why don't you take a year out, then reapply with your actual grades? That'll avoid the anxiety of not knowing if you have the right grades after you have sat your exams too.
Reply 9
Kick up an almighty stink - to me it doesn't seem unreasonable at all to be predicted the same grades you got at AS. If the school won't listen to you, you may find they suddenly bend if your parents get involved.
Reply 10
Fortunately my UCAS hasn't been sent off yet so I can hopefully get something done. My parents are attempting to talk to the school but have had no reply yet.
Reply 11
Are these the same grades that will go on your UCAS form? My school sort of did this, but the reports had different predicted grades to the ones that went on UCAS, if it makes sense, to scare us into working harder.
Reply 12
I'm pretty sure they are exactly the same afaik. I'll keep on stink kicking cos I'm fed up with it, I've had nothing but stress from teachers since the start of the year and I'm scared to ask for help with some teachers cos they always ahve something to shout at me about :frown:
Reply 13
georgia
How do you go about checking this? Archaeology courses in particular.

OP: sorry to threadjack a little.

ask around or make a thread asking that question.
Reply 14
Update!!

Discovered today that my grades on my reference were DDD :eek:

However the grades on my report were CCD, and there's been a little vit of rule bending to make my geography grade up to a C so I am now predicted CCC and about to send my UCAS form!!

Latest

Trending

Trending