The Student Room Group

Why does my boyfriend have headphones on and not listen to anything

Hi I'm just wondering if anyone else does this but my boyfriend always has headphones on and most of the time he doesn't even listen to anything he just wear them, they aren't even like small earphone but like full over ear headphones, it doesn't bother me I'm just curious to why he might do it, I asked him and he said it stop him getting distracted does this sound like he could be one of those sensory people that have issues with like input.
I just realised my spelling makes me look like one of those dyslexic people try to ignore that.
It doesn't necessarily mean he has sensory processing issues. He might just be the type of person who gets easily distracted or irritated when he's trying to focus on something and can't get the peace and quiet required to do so.

I sometimes do the same thing when people are cutting their grass, talking loudly on the street outside the house, or birds are being noisy while I'm trying to get work done. Those things don't bother me if I'm not doing something important, but can be incredibly distracting when I am! Noise-cancelling headphones muffle the sound and help eliminate distraction.
(edited 1 year ago)
He’s trying to block you out lol.
Original post by Son of the Sea
He’s trying to block you out lol.

Thanks for that comment why would you think he's trying to do that also it isn't just around me
I sometimes put my AirPods in as they help me to sleep. Also in situations where I find the noise overwhelming.

Usually would have music playing, but sometimes all I need is for things to be quieter.
Maybe he just likes the sound of silence or he’s one of them introverted types. If he’s putting them around you, then you know you got a case
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for that comment why would you think he's trying to do that also it isn't just around me
Original post by Burnitdown
Maybe he just likes the sound of silence or he’s one of them introverted types. If he’s putting them around you, then you know you got a case

He'll take them off when talking to someone I meant he just keeps them on whenever he isn't.
sometimes the last song on a playlist plays and you can’t be bothered to play a new one or start over so you just enjoy the silence :smile: it’s a bit of a vibe actually, and it usually tells people that you don’t want to be spoken to. some people obviously ignore that completely and continue to talk to you 💀
He might think that they look good on him or he wants to block noise out (especially if they're noise cancelling).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending