The Student Room Group

How do I begin dating?

I'm a 22 yr old university student and I want to begin my journey of dating and getting into relationships but it seems really difficult. I've never had any intimate encounters with a woman before and I want to atleast just start getting experience. I'm a short and introverted guy and don't feel comfortable approaching women in public only if it's the right setting. Dating apps to me are useless I never get any responses and all of the apps require you to pay for extra features. I try to use other social media apps like IG to find girls but the kind of women i'm looking for are never on there and if they are they never respond to my DMs. Does anyone have any tips for a guy just starting off in the dating scene?
It’s better to meet someone in person anyway, not dating apps I feel like it’s more “natural” and less “forced”. I know you’re introverted, but the best way to meet girls is go to social events, they don’t have to be parties necessarily. Getting yourself out there is how you meet new people and hopefully how you meet a girl right for you. Best way to talk to girls/approach girls is by giving them a compliment (they’re pretty etc, avoid commenting on their body- trust me it can make us feel uncomfortable), it’s often easy to spot a guy that doesn’t really know how to talk to girls, but I find it cute, tbh if a guy just talks to me how he would to any old new person they would meet (granted I think I have social anxiety and know it’s easier said than done to speak to new people)/ a friend or whatever its best. In terms of confidence, fake it till you make it (which is easier said than done I know!)

It also depends on the woman you’re looking for, you mentioned wanting to experience the intimate stuff- it’s important to upfront and honest about your intentions off the bat there!

Hope this helps somehow
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a 22 yr old university student and I want to begin my journey of dating and getting into relationships but it seems really difficult. I've never had any intimate encounters with a woman before and I want to atleast just start getting experience. I'm a short and introverted guy and don't feel comfortable approaching women in public only if it's the right setting. Dating apps to me are useless I never get any responses and all of the apps require you to pay for extra features. I try to use other social media apps like IG to find girls but the kind of women i'm looking for are never on there and if they are they never respond to my DMs. Does anyone have any tips for a guy just starting off in the dating scene?

Haha hai could u pm me ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending