Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Also, I have no motivation to study for my A-levels this year! all my friends have offers (not from dentistry though) so they're all working towards something. I have nothing to 'work towards'

ReputationRep:
    Okay sorry, rant over!

ReputationRep:
    lool aww bless, trust me dont let ur alevels go cos they'll def come bk and haunt u one day!!! lol! seriously later on, if u dont get in this yr, if they compare u to someone else .....imagine if u havent done well.... clearly they'll choose someone else over u! so get motivated NOWWWW! lol! (hope that helps!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nush86)
    lool aww bless, trust me dont let ur alevels go cos they'll def come bk and haunt u one day!!! lol! seriously later on, if u dont get in this yr, if they compare u to someone else .....imagine if u havent done well.... clearly they'll choose someone else over u! so get motivated NOWWWW! lol! (hope that helps!)
    loll thanks it does! =D the 'NOWWW' scared me into studying!!

ReputationRep:
    I got rejections from cardiff and leeds without an interview

ReputationRep:
    Rejections from both Birmingham and Sheffield without interview for me.
    Birmingham was well early so they obv just dont like me lol.
    Sheffield was only a few days ago so gonna give them a ring today and see whats happening and what was the problem cus then atleast ill have an idea on what to improve on for the other uni's.

Totally agree with dp0567, had no motivation what so ever for my january exams as i was still just waiting =(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BJohnson)
    Totally agree with dp0567, had no motivation what so ever for my january exams as i was still just waiting =(
    No offence but if dentistry is what you really want to do, then that should be more than enough motivation for you to get the grades and then re-evaluate.

ReputationRep:
    got rejected by bham and QML

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting thinking there will be a third rejection to add to the list from kings lol

ReputationRep:
    rejected by leeds and liverpool
    had my interview on 11th march at manchester.. went alright, lets see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    Rejected by Liverpool without an interview, they wanted 3 advanced highers at AAB and i'm only doing 1 lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 6Valverde)
    No offence but if dentistry is what you really want to do, then that should be more than enough motivation for you to get the grades and then re-evaluate.
    Dont get me wrong im passionate and determined to persue a career in dentistry but when everyone close to me is talking about their offers and interviews and im staring at a blank ucas page then it does play on your pesimistic side.

ReputationRep:
    its soo true that when you are not getting the offers you really deserve it is pretty natural to feel let down in everything and it does effect your studies too! last year i was rejected from all my universities, even though i had done everything and had All As in literally every module, 4 rejections meant that i was finding it much harder to motivate myself to study!

but not giving up is the key!

ReputationRep:
    I've been rejected from Birmingham, Dundee, and now just today Glasgow has rejected me via UCAS. I only had one interview which was in Glasgow.

Glasgow was my first choice and they just tortured me with all this waiting and now they tell me I FAIL

I have to settle for my 2 backups now, of which both are conditionals. I'm not going to take a gap year and reapply because I will probably fail again.

ReputationRep:
    Cakes in tears, if you have the grades or think you can get the grades and you still really want to do dentistry then you should seriously consider a year out and reapplying. A year gives you plenty time to spruce up your application, make some money for uni and maybe time to travel or something. There really is no point doing another degree you are not happy with simply because you are scared of being rejected second time around. You will regret it. Chances are your second application will be successful if it's not the academic part that is the issue. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Rejected by manchester

ReputationRep:
    rejected from all four:lpool,leeds,manchester and sheffield
    im so gutted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by okay_kay)
    rejected from all four:lpool,leeds,manchester and sheffield
    im so gutted
    omg im sorry to hear that.. I have been rejected by 3 unis... and guess which ones they are....??

Liverpool, Leeds and Manchester..... same ones as u!

I got kings left though... not heard from them at all.. so probably a rejection there too!!!!!!!

Don't be sad about it, just continue to work hard, get the 3 A's i am sure you are more than capable of achieving.. and then after that take a gap year.. and re apply next year?? Thats my plan anyway... lol

ReputationRep:
    rejection from birmingham
    kinda expected it though

ReputationRep:
    I was rejected from Leeds after an interview

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 2, 2009
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.