Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, kamsha what are your academics and UKCAT like? I'm going to be applying to dentistry in 2010, preferably to queen mary's and you got in, so it would be of great help. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cakes in tears)
    I've been rejected from Birmingham, Dundee, and now just today Glasgow has rejected me via UCAS. I only had one interview which was in Glasgow.

Glasgow was my first choice and they just tortured me with all this waiting and now they tell me I FAIL

I have to settle for my 2 backups now, of which both are conditionals. I'm not going to take a gap year and reapply because I will probably fail again.
    omg, I have a friend in kind of the same positon as you, Glasgow was her firm, got rejected from there, birmingham, dundee but got an offer from Newcastle. She'll probably end up going to Newcastle cause shes capable of getting her conditions set, but she was pure gutted about glasgow! Please dont give up! rejections are just a set back, if you believe your meant to become a dentist then reapply. Cause you have such good grades and if you do well this year then you will have a strong chance of getting in next year. I know, the waitings awful Good luck with everything and never give up

ReputationRep:
    I see a lot of rejection from Cardiff, I'd guess similar to my Aberdeen rejection I bet they want a high percentage of graduates to remain within the country or area. Lets face it the DoH funds the courses and there will be regianal demand to see patients or improve regional service access; if you were running the course you might want to service the local strategic health authorities needs.

Got reject from Birmingham, to be expected I got my Glasgow offer 4 days before thus didn't really take it seriously at the Bham interview. Glasgow was my first choice. I pulled my Kings application to make a firm reply to Glasgow.

Now for those who are facing potential full rejection, don't for god sake slack on your a-levels, you still have clearing and the ability to re-apply in a year. But if your A levels are poor and you have to re-sit you are in a different boat, and potentially worse situation then having no offers but good A levels. If you screw it up now it will haunt you for many many years, so guys get you head down, cover all the bases, don't ignore areas you don't know and get those grades. Its been difficult for me getting in I had poor A levels, that still didn't go unoticed behind my Ist Class BSc Hons and MSc with distinction. A levels and highers are real important for this kind of subject.

D1

ReputationRep:
    try clearing i know a friend who got in last year through it

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering has anyone who got rejected after interview from queen mary (barts and the london) for dentistry (a200) got a phone call today regarding an offer, because they were borderline and some places have opened up.

I was told that an offer would be made within a couple days.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.