The Student Room Group

Any help please

Hey guys I’ve had severe diarrhea for a few days now and I can’t seem to eat a lot, my bowels are probably all cleared out because all I can seem to have is loads of fluids hence I’m staying hydrated but since the diarrhea I don’t have an urgency to pee even though I still tend to pee and sometimes it’s a lot. I don’t have pressure on my bladder and GP said that I should be fine, anyone have any tips because I’m really worried
Reply 1
This is not qualified medical advice, and does not apply to restricted diets.

When you have lost so much fluid from your system through diarrhoea you haven't got a lot of water left to give to urine.

Try and drink a pint of water every hour (hot, warm or cold) with a pinch of salt and a 1/4 teaspoon of sugar and squeeze of lemon juice. You can do the same with flat diet coke or full fat coca cola. You will feel better soon, but if after say 72hrs of the extra water / fluid treatment and you are still not weeing go back and get some medical advice.
Original post by Muttly

When you have lost so much fluid from your system through diarrhoea you haven't got a lot of water left to give to urine.

Try and drink a pint of water every hour (hot, warm or cold) with a pinch of salt and a 1/4 teaspoon of sugar and squeeze of lemon juice. You can do the same with flat diet coke or full fat coca cola. You will feel better soon, but if after say 72hrs of the extra water / fluid treatment and you are still not weeing go back and get some medical advice.

what's the lemon juice for ? but yes definitely op, force.yourself to drink water with salt and sugar in it. u need the salt and sugar for electrolytes that u r losing
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys I’ve had severe diarrhea for a few days now and I can’t seem to eat a lot, my bowels are probably all cleared out because all I can seem to have is loads of fluids hence I’m staying hydrated but since the diarrhea I don’t have an urgency to pee even though I still tend to pee and sometimes it’s a lot. I don’t have pressure on my bladder and GP said that I should be fine, anyone have any tips because I’m really worried

you won't die from not eating for a few days, so don't worry about that. worry about ur fluids instead. just keep drinking water with salt and sugar as much as u can
Original post by Muttly

Do you recon it’s anything serious since I’m still going to wee and sometimes wee a lottttt
Original post by Anonymous
Do you recon it’s anything serious since I’m still going to wee and sometimes wee a lottttt

You trust the opinion of random strangers on a student forum more than the opinion of a GP with years of medical training?!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 6
I've not seen any 'crazy' advice on this site to others than a lot of plain common sense, steps that ordinary people can think about and recommendations to seek advice from professional medical advice. This is just student forum speak and opinion.

It's not so much about trusting what you read these days it's seeing options & answers giving consideration for further thoughts.

Given that most GP's are now even more difficult to speak to these days (often a call back taking 2 weeks) I'm just surprised there aren't more people are seeking self help answers on this site. Funny old world.
Nausea and vomiting occur when the vomiting center is irritated. Immediate causes may affect the gastrointestinal tract (GIT) or central nervous system (CNS) or be seen as part of systemic diseases. If you are not poisoned, it may be a change in the environment or a change in the climate. I would recommend you take a food intolerance text . If you don't have intestinal infections, you may be allergic to foods (gluten or dairy)
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest