Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have no complaints about the uni itself! Agree with all the positives up there ^ ^ ^
    I would advise you to go for self-catering. It's such a pain having to eat at set mealtimes, and I miss so many meals (for various reasons) that it seems hardly worth paying for food at all. And £4.50 for lunch? Do they realise they're dealing with poor students here?
    Erm... I personally don't like that you have to pay £3 to get in and out of the city, but it's reasonable considering we're on a campus!
    My only problem is the people- haven't met people I'd consider real friends yet but that's just been bad luck of the draw on my part!
    All in all... fantastic uni! And the campus is gorgeous, too.

ReputationRep:
    £3 is not too bad surely? If there's a few of you it'll be much cheaper to take a cab though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    £3 is not too bad surely? If there's a few of you it'll be much cheaper to take a cab though.
    £3 isn't awful (it is only 3 miles journey though!), but on an extremely limited budget (£20 a week!) I don't want to be spending the majority of that on buses...

ReputationRep:
    I thought this was gonna be a thread about where we can get steroids

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbbie)
    I have no complaints about the uni itself! Agree with all the positives up there ^ ^ ^
    I would advise you to go for self-catering. It's such a pain having to eat at set mealtimes, and I miss so many meals (for various reasons) that it seems hardly worth paying for food at all. And £4.50 for lunch? Do they realise they're dealing with poor students here?
    Erm... I personally don't like that you have to pay £3 to get in and out of the city, but it's reasonable considering we're on a campus!
    My only problem is the people- haven't met people I'd consider real friends yet but that's just been bad luck of the draw on my part!
    All in all... fantastic uni! And the campus is gorgeous, too.
    I'll be your friend.

If you appear in my movie.

And bring me steroids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningnun)
    I'll be your friend.

If you appear in my movie.

And bring me steroids.
    The problem with that preposition is that I'd probably need contacts to get steroids in the first place. Catch 22?

Awesome, my film debut.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really want steroids - this thread title just made me think I did - but if I ever do I'll PM you some contacts so you can get them for me. We start shooting on Wednesday in Mooch. You probably wouldn't be in that bit. You can be a zombie though when we do those scenes later this week or early next week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningnun)
    I don't really want steroids - this thread title just made me think I did - but if I ever do I'll PM you some contacts so you can get them for me. We start shooting on Wednesday in Mooch. You probably wouldn't be in that bit. You can be a zombie though when we do those scenes later this week or early next week.
    lol

If you have anything to say about Nottingham university. Please do share

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psl89)
    lol

If you have anything to say about Nottingham university. Please do share
    The zombies aren't going to be real bro. It's a movie.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I can't think of anything done wrong by the university. Except I have a sneaking suspicion that my heater doesn't work, but that's hardly lethal.

For a few weeks, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    just to say if your catching the buses every day get one of those NCT bus passes, I mean ok for three months it is one expensive pay out(£120) but if you think about it £3 a day for 4-5 days a week(maybe more if your going into town via bus both weekends days) say for three months is going to be probably £180 at least, that's five days a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christian_j)
    Yes but that's privately run off-campus, the on-campus halls of pretty much every uni only have 31/32/33-week contracts, so you could get the same problem at any uni, e.g. Lancaster.

i am doing the nursing diploma and my course is like 44 weeks long and the contract at raliegh is 44 weeks does that mean i have to move all my stuff out in all the holidays? :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoeee!)
    i am doing the nursing diploma and my course is like 44 weeks long and the contract at raliegh is 44 weeks does that mean i have to move all my stuff out in all the holidays? :|

Nope you get to stay put. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    oh thats great!
    but what do i do then?
    pay for extra weeks?
    because the contract length is 44 weeks including holidays
    and my course is 44 weeks and the rest holidays ?

ReputationRep:
    Move in September and then move out in July. If you need to stay beyond July contact us in early to mid June and we'll try and sort something out for you.

ReputationRep:
    thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.