Nuffield Chemistry Exam today-how did it go? Watch

This discussion is closed.
alkaeda
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
i thought it went pretty well, the q's were nice too... what did u guys get for the name for that hexane with the chlorine? i put hexachlorocyclohexane... is that right?
SunGod
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
I got 1,2,3,4,5,6-hexachlorocyclohexane which is what the book says.
danguetta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by alkaeda)
i thought it went pretty well, the q's were nice too... what did u guys get for the name for that hexane with the chlorine? i put hexachlorocyclohexane... is that right?
ye, I also thought it wasn't bad. I also got hexachlorocyclohexane, without the numbers, but I'm not sure now... How did you find the first question? Did you get Sn1 mechanism?
danguetta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Did anyone get 5 for the pH of the buffer solution (last question)?
SunGod
Report 14 years ago
Yes and yes.

Also for the question asking for an isomer of Butanal that can be oxidised did you put.

CHO
|
CH3-CH-CH3

??
oxymoron
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SunGod)
Yes and yes.

Also for the question asking for an isomer of Butanal that can be oxidised did you put.

CHO
|
CH3-CH-CH3

??
I'm assuming that CHO is attached to the 2nd carbon there, not the first - if so, it looks right.
SunGod
Report 14 years ago
Yes, came out weird after I posted it heh.
alkaeda
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
i dont get it, why do you have to number the chlorine atoms, by saying hexachloro- you say that there are 6 chlorines and it means they can only be in 6 positions (if u get what i mean) so why the numbers?? hmmm and the 1st question i just but nucleophilic substitution not Sn1 ... did you get first order though? The half lives decreased so i almost put 0 order. Oh and what did u guys put for the question : "Explain why a pressure of over 300 atm is not usually used"... I think i did that wrong too... i put economic reasons
oxymoron
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
there are other possibilities for hexachloro- eg 1,1,2,2,3,3-hexachlorocyclohexane etc.
ky1986
Report 14 years ago
did ne1 get delta s total as 110 to 3s.f
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.3%
No (214)
76.7%

Watched Threads