The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I got 1,2,3,4,5,6-hexachlorocyclohexane which is what the book says.
Reply 2
alkaeda
i thought it went pretty well, the q's were nice too... what did u guys get for the name for that hexane with the chlorine? i put hexachlorocyclohexane... is that right?

ye, I also thought it wasn't bad. I also got hexachlorocyclohexane, without the numbers, but I'm not sure now... How did you find the first question? Did you get Sn1 mechanism?
Reply 3
Did anyone get 5 for the pH of the buffer solution (last question)?
Reply 4
Yes and yes.

Also for the question asking for an isomer of Butanal that can be oxidised did you put.

CHO
|
CH3-CH-CH3

??
Reply 5
SunGod
Yes and yes.

Also for the question asking for an isomer of Butanal that can be oxidised did you put.

CHO
|
CH3-CH-CH3

??

I'm assuming that CHO is attached to the 2nd carbon there, not the first - if so, it looks right.
Reply 6
Yes, came out weird after I posted it heh.
Reply 7
i dont get it, why do you have to number the chlorine atoms, by saying hexachloro- you say that there are 6 chlorines and it means they can only be in 6 positions (if u get what i mean) so why the numbers?? hmmm and the 1st question i just but nucleophilic substitution not Sn1 :frown:... did you get first order though? The half lives decreased so i almost put 0 order. Oh and what did u guys put for the question : "Explain why a pressure of over 300 atm is not usually used"... I think i did that wrong too... i put economic reasons
Reply 8
there are other possibilities for hexachloro- eg 1,1,2,2,3,3-hexachlorocyclohexane etc.
Reply 9
did ne1 get delta s total as 110 to 3s.f

Latest

Trending

Trending