The Student Room Group

I think I may be relapsing.....maybe? or just anxiety?

I've had a few "weird" thoughts these past few days. Like my food being poisoned and people watching me when I go out. I had a bath yesterday and kept worrying the water would turn to blood (it didn't) but the worry was there. I haven't heard voices but I feel "on edge" all the time that they'll come back. I can't relax and last night I had a dream I was in hospital again and they said they will do ECT which terrifies me. I feel like maybe this was a vision of the future? I know that's stupid and visions don't exist but I can't get it out my head.

Or is this just anxiety making me think all this?
Reply 1
Yes, it could be.

Please contact your GP.
Original post by Meduse
Yes, it could be.

Please contact your GP.

"Could be" anxiety? :confused:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

It could be either a relapse or anxiety. If it were a relapse, additional anxiety would likely come along with it.

Nobody here can diagnose you, but to me, it sounds like you could do with some support and should reach out.
Original post by Anonymous

I'm no expert but it sounds more like psychosis than anxiety (at least my anxiety thoughts regarding people watching me are different). Regardless of what is causing this, it clearly sounds very distressing so probably worth speaking to a MH professional if you see one already. Sorry you are going through this, it sounds scary :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest