Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do I need to put my AS results on my UCAS form if I'm continuing them for A-Level?

ReputationRep:
    for real

ReputationRep:
    yeh i want to know that too coz i thought you did but then a teacher told me you dont have to

ReputationRep:
    :s:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, if they have been certified:

GCE qualifications (AS & A level, single & double award)

You must list all subjects that have been certificated (also known as 'claimed' or 'cashed in') at GCE AS level. This includes subjects which you are taking on to A level. You should include a subject even if you are re-sitting an AS unit to improve your A level grade.

If you have any doubts about the certification of your AS subjects, you should check with your school or college, or whoever is helping you with your application.

For certificated qualifications we recommended that you include details of all units with a separate result/grade, but which are incorporated into the overall qualification grade. Please note that entering unit details for AS or A levels is optional.

The following scenarios should help you to enter your qualifications correctly.

Your AS levels were certificated in 2008
    Enter your AS subject and the grade achieved, with the achieved unit results if you wish.

Your AS levels were certificated in 2008, and you are retaking some/all units to achieve a higher overall grade
    Enter your AS subject and grade achieved in 2008 with the achieved unit results if you wish. Then, enter the AS level again for 2009 (to cover the re-sit) with the pending unit grades, even if you are taking the subject on to A level. We need to know about the AS level re-sits for matching purposes to enable us to pass on the potentially new AS grade to your chosen universities and colleges.

Your AS level was certificated prior to sitting A levels
    When entering your pending A level, you can enter the three units achieved at AS level with the grades if you wish. Then, enter the three additional units for your A level as pending.

Or

When entering your pending A level you can enter just the three pending units that you are taking.

If you are resitting one or some of the AS units that will count towards achieving your A level, you can also enter these units as pending.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolh5000)
    Yes, if they have been certified:
    does that mean you also have to enter any part time emplotment. Again although there is a section for it, my teacher said its optional and it should go in your personal statement

ReputationRep:
    No you don't !

Well, everyone in my school hasnt anyway lol we were told that we don't have to put them down if we are resitting them, however, we were told that the if the uni wishes, they can find out what we had by contacting UCAS anway...

Upto u really

ReputationRep:
    I'm so confused. I have completed my A levels and have my grades (i'm 21) so i STILL need to put in what I got in these subjects for AS?
    Apologies if I'm being slow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoombini)
    does that mean you also have to enter any part time emplotment. Again although there is a section for it, my teacher said its optional and it should go in your personal statement
    I don't think it is compulsory to put part-time work but if you've done something you may as well put the details in there rather than wasting space in your PS. If you do mention it in your PS it should be in relation to the skills it has taught you rather than just giving details, which is what the UCAS section is for so you could enter the details in the employment section then maybe mention it in your PS, saying what you have gained from it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.