Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Had an interview for Computer Science yesterday.

I didn't taken a parent; I was 1 of around 3 who didn't. But on the same note, I was 1 of about 3 who didn't wear a suit, blazer or similar. I still [verbally] got offered a place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkWhite)
    Had an interview for Computer Science yesterday.

I didn't taken a parent; I was 1 of around 3 who didn't. But on the same note, I was 1 of about 3 who didn't wear a suit, blazer or similar. I still [verbally] got offered a place.
    1 of 3 out of how many people ?
    and what did you wear for the day.. just jeans and a t shirt?
    oh and how long did your 1on1 interview last?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't count, and it's quite hard to think back now lol... but probably around 15 for Computer Science.

I had a pair of jeans I'd bought only a week ago so still looked fairly smart; other than that, a tee with a hoody on top and some clean skate shoes lol.

The interview lasted around 25 minutes, as it was planned to. It might've over-run by a couple of minutes. I got caught in the moment talking with smething slightly off-topic with the interviewer for a couple of minutes.

ReputationRep:
    I'm rubbish at stuff like that too! ... So are we both going on the same day then howells?!? I'll see you there!!! Hehe! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 00Anna)
    I'm rubbish at stuff like that too! ... So are we both going on the same day then howells?!? I'll see you there!!! Hehe! xx
    Yepp, looks like it
    I've applied for Contemporary Europe with French and Spanish, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Ooooooh I'll keep an eye out for you on Wednesday :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnythemoose)
    Ooooooh I'll keep an eye out for you on Wednesday :p:
    Haha, how exciting :p:
    Are you going to be involved in the day at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howells)
    Haha, how exciting :p:
    Are you going to be involved in the day at all?
    :no: Sadly not, I'm not an ambassador, see - but I'll probably apply to be one next year. You have to be interviewed yourself for that role! I don't quite feel ready for showing people around just yet - I'm still getting lost myself, even after seven weeks :erm:

BUT! I will be starring as one of those people that sit in the Avenue corridor workstations and glare at you as you walk past them :p:

ReputationRep:
    :no: Sadly not, I'm not an ambassador, see - but I'll probably apply to be one next year. You have to be interviewed yourself for that role! I don't quite feel ready for showing people around just yet - I'm still getting lost myself, even after seven weeks :erm:
    Aww
    I hope I don't get lost, although my sense of direction can really be quite appalling sometimes :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howells)
    Aww
    I hope I don't get lost, although my sense of direction can really be quite appalling sometimes :o:
    Don't worry! I got lost on my interview day, someone helped me back to where I was! Avenue's quite easy to get lost in. It's basically a big rectangle, but it's asymmetrical, so you'll think you know where you are, and you really don't :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry! I got lost on my interview day, someone helped me back to where I was! Avenue's quite easy to get lost in. It's basically a big rectangle, but it's asymmetrical, so you'll think you know where you are, and you really don't :cry:
    Ooh I hope a friendly person takes pity on me when I wander aimlesly around :p:

Both my parents are coming down on the train with me, which means I can either ring up and ask if I can bring both of them to the visit day, or take neither Hmm...

ReputationRep:
    I'm going down on my own! Hope I don't get lost!!!! Hehe! Then I will be wandering around looking very lost indeed. Because I have quite far to travel I can only get down there for the afternoon. The lady told me I could come for 12,30 but my train gets in at 11,40 so I will probably turn up at Avenue Café early and be looking very very lost indeed!!!!! And Howells, I applied for French and German!

ReputationRep:
    if you get lost, just ask. everyone at uni has been through what you're doing so we all know how it feels =) I always help people if they ask me.

ReputationRep:
    If you get off at Southampton Central train station, either go on the U2B or U1A (U6 takes the long way) as they will go to the Highfield Campus on the first journey. Don't be like me and go on the U1C which was taking me towards the docks :p: :rolleyes: If you get off at Southampton Airport Parkway, then it's the U1C. U2 is the only one that has access to Avenue campus.

I believe they give you a map of the campus, but it's pretty crud as far as I remember, so just ask someone!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they should send you an information pack with a map and everything in it. If you reply saying you'll be attending, then they should also send you a voucher to get a day ticket from the bus driver.

If you come out of the Southampton Airport Parkway station, which most train services seem to go through, come out of the car park, and turn right; there's a bus stop about 10metres away lol. If you see a bus on the opposite side of the road and it's U1A, then run across the road and get on that one :P They both go the same route from there on. Get off when you get to a small bus exchange, and then you should be able to recognise the new Mountbatten building which is about 100metres away. People inside will direct you!

The map they give you is alright, but as long as you head for Highfield Campus, you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    yeah im taking me dad to my engineering interview tomorrow...

were driving down from shropshire so i cant really tell him not to come lol, though hes just dropping me off at birmingham today, it is easier when hes not there

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.