The Student Room Group

A-Levels

Chose Maths(OCR B MEI), Further Maths(OCR), Physics(OCR A H156) and Computer Science(OCR H456). Currently learning Java for comp sci and reading through L bostoks book for pure mathematics. Any recommended resources or advice would be much appreciated, thanks.
Original post by jaivir
Chose Maths(OCR B MEI), Further Maths(OCR), Physics(OCR A H156) and Computer Science(OCR H456). Currently learning Java for comp sci and reading through L bostoks book for pure mathematics. Any recommended resources or advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

use craig n dave videos for ocr cs, his really good. For further use bicen maths/tlmaths,, for normal maths use tlmaths.(they are youtube channels).
Use pmt for ocr computer science, the notes are decent
(edited 1 year ago)
I just finished my A-levels in Maths (Edex), Physics (AQA) and Comp Sci (OCR).

May I ask why you are doing Java rn? Does your school do Java because most schools do Python. Make sure you are learning the correct programming language.

Craig n dave videos are good but towards the end, they get long and boring. But to start off they will be good. Familiarise yourself with the specification.

Resources for CS:
Craig n dave
Isaac Computer Science
Seneca learning?
PMT - absolutely incredible for notes and exam questions.
thelittlejedi (https://thelittlejedi.co.uk/educational/a-level-computer-science-ocr/) - kinda good as well

I can't think of anymore. Oh the revision guide ahm you don't really need it I suppose because their pdf versions are available online (for example on thelittlejedi).

Good luck with it :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by tamilGuy.
I just finished my A-levels in Maths (Edex), Physics (AQA) and Comp Sci (OCR).

May I ask why you are doing Java rn? Does your school do Java because most schools do Python. Make sure you are learning the correct programming language.

Craig n dave videos are good but towards the end, they get long and boring. But to start off they will be good. Familiarise yourself with the specification.

Resources for CS:
Craig n dave
Isaac Computer Science
Seneca learning?
PMT - absolutely incredible for notes and exam questions.
thelittlejedi (https://thelittlejedi.co.uk/educational/a-level-computer-science-ocr/) - kinda good as well

I can't think of anymore. Oh the revision guide ahm you don't really need it I suppose because their pdf versions are available online (for example on thelittlejedi).

Good luck with it :smile:

Thanks for the recommendations, my school teaches Python at GCSE but switches to Java for OCR A-level. I have checked out all the resources over the last month and they have been a great help. PMT was a great source of free notes and flashcards/ exam questions over GCSEs and helped me achieve some fantastic results - it will definitely prove useful. Craig n Dave is a good for a short recap on 2x speed after learning learning topics. Overall, the resources are great and thanks a lot for the help!
Original post by jaivir
Thanks for the recommendations, my school teaches Python at GCSE but switches to Java for OCR A-level. I have checked out all the resources over the last month and they have been a great help. PMT was a great source of free notes and flashcards/ exam questions over GCSEs and helped me achieve some fantastic results - it will definitely prove useful. Craig n Dave is a good for a short recap on 2x speed after learning learning topics. Overall, the resources are great and thanks a lot for the help!

Ahh I see, makes sense why you were learning Java. No worries, glad you found the resources helpful. Thats the way to watch the craig n dave videos too :biggrin: Anyways, I hope you have a wonderful year ahead!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest