Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ok, i am VERY confused. I phoned up the admissions people at LSE ages ago asking if i could apply for accounting and finance transfer into 2nd yr even though i do not have the elements of acc and finance module (but i have all the other needed modules), and they said yes thats fine, it wont matter. To double check i also phoned someone in the actual accounting department and she told me it was highly unlikely that i would get in without that module. So after realising that its not going to happen, i looked at my modules and realised that i sort of have all the needed modules for econ and econ history (and luckily it is something that interests me) so i do the same thing, phone up admissions and they say yes yes go ahead, i then phone up the department and the lady says its "not impossible" but she sounded like its really not something they do at all, which sort of threw me of, because the accounting and finacne people were quite sure that they do allow transfers, there only problem was my module....
    i am very confused, so i wanted to ask if anyone here knew of people transfering into econ and econ history or account finance....or any advice really

ReputationRep:
    do u mean a direct entry in the second year? I'd be very surprised to hear ppl who obtained this kind of transfer.

ReputationRep:
    yes i mean direct entry

ReputationRep:
    Just send in the app and see what happens. I will not hold my breath thou.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I'm very confused. Why are you interested in a transfer to the second year? According to this thread (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post14832331 ) you are on a gap year and applying to university for the first time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    I'm very confused. Why are you interested in a transfer to the second year? According to this thread (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post14832331 ) you are on a gap year and applying to university for the first time.
    Perhaps he's hoping to cash-in First Year credits from the University of Life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Perhaps he's hoping to cash-in First Year credits from the University of Life.
    Possibly. Perhaps he doesn't realise that LSE's entry criteria are a bit higher than those of that august institution.

ReputationRep:
    i am actually just borrowing my friends account as i was not bothered to create my own one just to ask this question.

Sorry i should have said

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.