Turn on thread page Beta

I'm 16, male and haven't really had a serious girlfriend ever as I've never been confident around girls and get embarrassed ridiculously easily.
    There's 2 girls that are very much on my mind at the moment.
    Lucy - A girl in the year below. According to everyone who knows her and me, she absolutely fancies the tits off me. I've noticed as I do look at her a lot and she's to be looking back at me and occasionally smiling. I find her really pretty and although I've never spoke to her she seems like a really lovely, quiet girl and I really can myself liking her a lot. But we're both just too shy to actually talk to each other.
    Jasmine - Also in the year below. I met her a couple of years ago but only really became friends with her at the start of this year. I assumed we were just good friends because I've never flirted with her (I hope) and as far as I know she hasn't ever liked me. We just text each other a lot and are very open with each other. I had a thought in my head about us going out but I don't want it to ever happen. Her ex and the boy that she used to fancy are both complete w*nker chavs and absolutely nothing like me at all. Jasmine's not my type to be honest. She wears a bit too much make-up, complains a lot, *****es about people and gets really pissed off about stupid things.

Anyway, everything was going fine until this girl Sally came up to me after school today and seriously shocked me. She is good friends with Lucy and is on/off friends with Jasmine, they fall out a lot. She took me aside and said 'Don't go out with Jasmine!'. I was like, 'Whaaaa!?'
    She is one of these girls who is trying to set me up with Lucy because she knows how much Lucy likes me. Sally said: ''Jasmine was going on in class about how you called her attractive [<this was taken entirely out of context - Jasmine was going on about how nobody found her attractive and I said 'but you are'] and now she's p*ssed off that Lucy likes you and is calling Lucy a wh*re for fancying me when she got there first!''
    What the hell. Jasmine fancies me and called Lucy a whore for fancying me!?

I did NOT think Jasmine liked me like that. What's happening?? I don't want to go out with Jasmine at all and I kind of want to go out with Lucy.
    What do you lot think?

ReputationRep:
    Ah the joys of teenage girls their minds are very hard to figure out, if I were you I would talk to Jasmine and sort that out first, get her side of the story. you said that sally wants you to be with lucy and doesnt always have the best relationship with Jasmine she may be taking things out of context.
    explain to jasmine that you just arent interested in her that way or things may just continue with her thinking you like her and that she has a claim on you.
    if you really like Lucy go for it, you will regret it if you dont.

good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Talk to Lucy. Sally could be ************ you.

ReputationRep:
    Take the plunge for Lucy or it could become pretty nasty pretty soon.

ReputationRep:
    where's the ****'s the dilemma?

check if jasmine is has a penis and then i think your dilemma is sorted

ReputationRep:
    Ah... teenage love interests... where we would we be without them?

Talk to jasmine and find out what's going on. If she says she does like you, briefly explain you just want to be friends, nothing more.

Now as for Lucy... ask the girl out! If you're shy, just ask her to go for coffee or something. You'll regret it if you don't!

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Bone them both.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried wiping your penis on it?

But seriously,

don't go for girls inside school (it gets too complicated, as is shown here). Leave them both and go for someone outside school.

Oh and also, Sally doesn't sound like a very nice person. Slap her.

ReputationRep:
    I like Lucy more [just from reading that :p: Sad, I know] So ask her what's going on or whatevers and ask her out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absurd)
    Talk to Lucy. Sally could be ************ you.
    A rather large expletive there. I'm now wondering what it could be :p:

And yeah, go for Lucy tbh OP

I've spoken to Jasmine.
    She said she did call Lucy a *****/knob/whatever but it was because she was being nasty about someone else or something.
    Then I mentioned to her that Sally thought she fancied me and she got in a big stress and although she never actually said she didn't fancy me I don't think she does and I kind of believe her that she wasn't *****ing about Lucy for fancying me.
    I'm going to text Sally now and ask her exactly what was said. I think she must have been taking stuff out of context like speir said.
    They fell out a few weeks ago and I remember both of them had completely different accounts of why the fell out. One/both lie/exaggerate a lot and it's very annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Hello my friend. Congratulations upon finding yourself such a fine assortment of b****es :-) It sounds like you could be quite the ladies man after all.

However, not speaking to a girl and smiling at her is POOR game. You need to step it up. Also, friendships very rarely end in romance. If you want to get with Lucy I recommend this 4 stage plan:

1. Speak to her about anything you want
    2. Keep it real, don't do anything spassy or geeky
    3. Take her back to your house (optional)
    4. Have sex with her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've spoken to Jasmine.
    She said she did call Lucy a *****/knob/whatever but it was because she was being nasty about someone else or something.
    Then I mentioned to her that Sally thought she fancied me and she got in a big stress and although she never actually said she didn't fancy me I don't think she does and I kind of believe her that she wasn't *****ing about Lucy for fancying me.
    I'm going to text Sally now and ask her exactly what was said. I think she must have been taking stuff out of context like speir said.
    They fell out a few weeks ago and I remember both of them had completely different accounts of why the fell out. One/both lie/exaggerate a lot and it's very annoying.
    glad to hear something i said may have made sense, sorry it had to be that part though

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2008
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.