Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    .. and asked him about my chances with the certain predicament I have. Basically, I got ABBC for my A levels, both Bs being a few marks of As. So I'm resitting in my gap year and Im also self teaching further maths (whole A level) and I also have a full time job and I'm also living out of home.. and with all that into consideration, the admissions tutor say that they do look at resits and it's fine.

So anyways the reqs is : AAA/AAB (incl. Maths grade A) + AS level A or B

Another thing that I find weird is, AS at level A or B, well my C was actually a B at AS level so I dunno if theyd see that as okay. I don't even know how they'd know, since apparently I cant cancel my A2 grades anymore as theres no such thing as cashed in anymore . I don't really understand that and its annoying!

It's my most riskiest app but I thought well for one of them why not, and if i DO get an interview I have a chance I guess. I just think it's interesting the admissions tutor didnt come across at all like I shouldn't really apply, I told him the position and the fact that my resits could easily bring me up to AAA. Views, anyone? Youre all prolly thinkin mans got no chance

ReputationRep:
    The offer on the website is actually quite confusing. With A2 Further Maths you are looking at an AAA offer, including maths and further maths at A grade, and if you reckon you can get that then you've definitely got a chance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wraggy)
    The offer on the website is actually quite confusing. With A2 Further Maths you are looking at an AAA offer, including maths and further maths at A grade, and if you reckon you can get that then you've definitely got a chance!
    That's pretty nice to hear from someone whos in the course! How are you finding it so far? Is it flexible? I get the impression its quite broad and you can tailor it a lot, especially in later years.

Yo, I got the impression that the offer is lower if you have FM
    'A level Maths grade A. The offer may depend on performance in the pure mathematics modules. Candidates taking Further Maths, STEP or AEA may be considered for a lower A level offer.'

So like, this is after it says normal reqs are AAA/AAB. WITH FM, Im getting the impression all that means is an offer of AAB is more likely. Without FM, I think AAA is gonna be the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miyavi)
    That's pretty nice to hear from someone whos in the course! How are you finding it so far? Is it flexible? I get the impression its quite broad and you can tailor it a lot, especially in later years.
    Is good so far and I'm enjoying it! You have 9 core modules in Year 1, and then you can pick a few more out of a list of about 20 others depending on how many CATs they are worth, so yeh it pretty flexible already. And then it gets more flexible as you go on.
    Yo, I got the impression that the offer is lower if you have FM
    'A level Maths grade A. The offer may depend on performance in the pure mathematics modules. Candidates taking Further Maths, STEP or AEA may be considered for a lower A level offer.'

So like, this is after it says normal reqs are AAA/AAB. WITH FM, Im getting the impression all that means is an offer of AAB is more likely. Without FM, I think AAA is gonna be the best.
    On UCAS you will get a "standard offer", which for me had 3 combinations of offers I could get depending on different grades. You should check in the latest admissions handbook for the current standard offer, or email and ask the department.

Basically I got an offer something like AAA or AABa (A in maths and further maths at A2) or AAAa (A in maths and the rest in anything else)

So you can meet any of those and get the place

ReputationRep:
    .. and asked him about my chances with the certain predicament I have. Basically, I got ABBC for my A levels, both Bs being a few marks of As. So I'm resitting in my gap year and Im also self teaching further maths (whole A level) and I also have a full time job and I'm also living out of home.. and with all that into consideration, the admissions tutor say that they do look at resits and it's fine.

So anyways the reqs is : AAA/AAB (incl. Maths grade A) + AS level A or B

Another thing that I find weird is, AS at level A or B, well my C was actually a B at AS level so I dunno if theyd see that as okay. I don't even know how they'd know, since apparently I cant cancel my A2 grades anymore as theres no such thing as cashed in anymore . I don't really understand that and its annoying!

It's my most riskiest app but I thought well for one of them why not, and if i DO get an interview I have a chance I guess. I just think it's interesting the admissions tutor didnt come across at all like I shouldn't really apply, I told him the position and the fact that my resits could easily bring me up to AAA. Views, anyone? Youre all prolly thinkin mans got no chance
    there is a chance that you might not get in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackdragonthegreat)
    there is a chance that you might not get in
    ...I know that sherlock And I know that chance is pretty big!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wraggy)
    Is good so far and I'm enjoying it! You have 9 core modules in Year 1, and then you can pick a few more out of a list of about 20 others depending on how many CATs they are worth, so yeh it pretty flexible already. And then it gets more flexible as you go on.

On UCAS you will get a "standard offer", which for me had 3 combinations of offers I could get depending on different grades. You should check in the latest admissions handbook for the current standard offer, or email and ask the department.

Basically I got an offer something like AAA or AABa (A in maths and further maths at A2) or AAAa (A in maths and the rest in anything else)

So you can meet any of those and get the place
    Ohhh right, I see I see. So then, if I do get an offer it'd definetly be AAA Inc Maths n FM. cool, thanks! Im self teaching furhter maths, so it's gonna be hard with my full time job >< Blah, Ill see how I do this jan when i do the AS :P haha.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.