Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What are you meant to write/say if they ask you..

"What is your minimum salary requirement?"

Thanks

I'm 18, if that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eimi)
    What are you meant to write/say if they ask you..

"What is your minimum salary requirement?"

Thanks

I'm 18, if that helps
    You are meant to tell them what is the minimum salary p/h you are happy with, if this is at an interview, I would add a pound on that figure, to try and get more money an hour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davireland)
    You are meant to tell them what is the minimum salary p/h you are happy with, if this is at an interview, I would add a pound on that figure, to try and get more money an hour.

Do you know what is a reasonable amount ? i dont want to make myself look greedy or something, =.=

ReputationRep:
    I would work on a checkout/ shelf stacking for £4 an hour but I would say my minimum would be £5. For a supervisory role I would work for £6 an hour but I would say £7. If you get this kind of question in an interview, it means that they are either unsure on how much they are looking to pay you, or trying to work out what type of person you are and how much you value yourself, unless its a big corperation I would say it usually means that they dont know how much to pay you and they obviously want to give you the minimum.

ReputationRep:
    Blimey you'd stack shelves for £4 an hour? I work in an ASDA on the George/sometimes checkouts and wouldn't get out of bed for less than £5.50 an hour lol, i know people tend to think that shelf stacking/working on various departments is a brainless job and yeah it isn't difficult but a lot of hard work goes into getting a job done properly, plus you do a lot of biting your tongue over rude and abusive customers! Personally i'd look at what the job entails and how much I'd spend on expenses such as getting to work etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nterry242)
    Blimey you'd stack shelves for £4 an hour? I work in an ASDA on the George/sometimes checkouts and wouldn't get out of bed for less than £5.50 an hour lol, i know people tend to think that shelf stacking/working on various departments is a brainless job and yeah it isn't difficult but a lot of hard work goes into getting a job done properly, plus you do a lot of biting your tongue over rude and abusive customers! Personally i'd look at what the job entails and how much I'd spend on expenses such as getting to work etc.
    LOL ditto!
    And shelf stacking isn't that easy. We had to do it the other day when we ran out of work, & it was getting me real frustrated! :mad: Theres more to a lot of positions in a supermarket, I wouldn't know the first thing about working a till! And the handsets online shoppers use are harder to get to grips with than Windows XP at times! lol x

ReputationRep:
    Tills are easy to work, there just seems to be a lot to remember when you first learn so you feel a bit overwhelmed but it's easy enough - however they don't prepare you for the large barrage of **** you get from customers being abusive!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.