Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much do you spend on your parents at christmas? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Depends what my Mum wants as to how much I spend. This year she mentioned some CDs so I'll probably get them and some other little things, maybe about £40 total?

ReputationRep:
    Nothing for my father, maybe £10 on my mother.

ReputationRep:
    I spend as little as possible (sometimes nothing) on my mum because we don't get on.
    I never know what to get my dad so I don't usually get him much.

ReputationRep:
    Mum would like a Delia Smith Cookbook which costs £20 - & i'll proably get her some Bath Oil aswell.
    So around £30 ish

Dad, no idea what he wants

ReputationRep:
    Got them a 32 inch Samsung HDTV last year and also a Wii Console for the whole family.

Nothing more than £10 this Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    I have a huge family so abput £10-£20 though this year I'm combining my mums present with her birthday present so a bit more =]

ReputationRep:
    £5-10

only cos when i ask what they want they always say cheapy stuff and i havent a clue what more i could get them

ReputationRep:
    about £250 each...

ReputationRep:
    Like £3 each.

I'd love to be able to spend more but I have no job and no income so am permanantly broke. If my relatives give me money for x-mas, it has to last the entire year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodtogallop)
    £5-10

only cos when i ask what they want they always say cheapy stuff and i havent a clue what more i could get them
    Yeah my mum always wants something really cheap, last year it was seeds :rolleyes: . I buy her something good and then buy her the cheap gift at the end, but my little brother is so tight. I always feel bad.

ReputationRep:
    £5-10 each. My mum would get annoyed if I spent any more on her .. "I don't want your money while you're struggling to pay rent blahblah"

ReputationRep:
    I always push the boat out more for my mum when it comes to Christmas presents, usually get her about 3, a couple of cheap ones and then a main one which will be about £100.

ReputationRep:
    $50 each I guess. I'm terrible when it comes to picking out gifts though!

ReputationRep:
    I usually spend about £20-£30 on each parent and about £20 on my brother and sister each. Most of my Christmas money goes on my boyfriend's present though!

ReputationRep:
    I usually spend about 20-25 maybe 30 each on them, I'll probably up that to 40ish this year though since I have the money, that's if I can find stuff to buy for them! I don't have any brothers or sisters to buy for so that helps, but it's my dad's birthday a couple of weeks after so it's reeally hard to find stuff to buy for him!

ReputationRep:
    I only get them one present and spend about £15 - £20. I know they deserve more than that but I never know what to get them!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.