Turn on thread page Beta

How much do you spend on your parents at christmas? watch

ReputationRep:
    Depends what my Mum wants as to how much I spend. This year she mentioned some CDs so I'll probably get them and some other little things, maybe about £40 total?

ReputationRep:
    Nothing for my father, maybe £10 on my mother.

ReputationRep:
    I spend as little as possible (sometimes nothing) on my mum because we don't get on.
    I never know what to get my dad so I don't usually get him much.

ReputationRep:
    Mum would like a Delia Smith Cookbook which costs £20 - & i'll proably get her some Bath Oil aswell.
    So around £30 ish

Dad, no idea what he wants

ReputationRep:
    Got them a 32 inch Samsung HDTV last year and also a Wii Console for the whole family.

Nothing more than £10 this Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    I have a huge family so abput £10-£20 though this year I'm combining my mums present with her birthday present so a bit more =]

ReputationRep:
    £5-10

only cos when i ask what they want they always say cheapy stuff and i havent a clue what more i could get them

ReputationRep:
    about £250 each...

ReputationRep:
    Like £3 each.

I'd love to be able to spend more but I have no job and no income so am permanantly broke. If my relatives give me money for x-mas, it has to last the entire year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodtogallop)
    £5-10

only cos when i ask what they want they always say cheapy stuff and i havent a clue what more i could get them
    Yeah my mum always wants something really cheap, last year it was seeds :rolleyes: . I buy her something good and then buy her the cheap gift at the end, but my little brother is so tight. I always feel bad.

ReputationRep:
    £5-10 each. My mum would get annoyed if I spent any more on her .. "I don't want your money while you're struggling to pay rent blahblah"

ReputationRep:
    I always push the boat out more for my mum when it comes to Christmas presents, usually get her about 3, a couple of cheap ones and then a main one which will be about £100.

ReputationRep:
    $50 each I guess. I'm terrible when it comes to picking out gifts though!

ReputationRep:
    I usually spend about £20-£30 on each parent and about £20 on my brother and sister each. Most of my Christmas money goes on my boyfriend's present though!

ReputationRep:
    I usually spend about 20-25 maybe 30 each on them, I'll probably up that to 40ish this year though since I have the money, that's if I can find stuff to buy for them! I don't have any brothers or sisters to buy for so that helps, but it's my dad's birthday a couple of weeks after so it's reeally hard to find stuff to buy for him!

ReputationRep:
    I only get them one present and spend about £15 - £20. I know they deserve more than that but I never know what to get them!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2008
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.