The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

*Honey*Bear*
I think Marris House has more international students that other places because it's just as close to the university as Ricky Road but is quieter. There isn't one place where international students are put. Newcastle University tends to spread them out more than other universities do and international students get to apply for which halls they'd like to live in just like UK students do.

Oh that's good - I'd def go for Castle Court then and get your aplication in asap! I wish I'd been a gap year student - you'll know which halls and flat you're in before the A-Level students even know whether they've got the grades they need or not.

thanks, that's really helpful :biggrin: last question (similar to the guy above in the way it's car related) can you park your car in ricky road (i think thats the one with the big free car park - correct me if im wrong) car park if you don't live in that accomodation?
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
I brought my car up for the first semester because St Mary's has parking. I used it to go to Morrisons every so often but I didn't bother bringing it back up after christmas. It's awful driving around the city centre as most of the roads are bus routes only. Everything you need in Newcastle is just a short walk away and the bus and metro system is really good so theres no need for a car.

Erm if I remember correctly the only places with parking are St Mary's, Bowsdon, Victoria Hall but I could be wrong - go on the accommodation website it tells you which facilities are available at each of the places. I'm pretty sure Ricky Road doesn't have a car park though.
Hello! :smile: Whats the weather like in newcastle? It's obviously cold, but how cold? (considering im from libya- north africa :P) and what about the snow, for how long is it there, and does it cause problems?
cheers

Latest

Trending

Trending