The Student Room Group

Japanese or Japanese and Business?? 2023??

I'm thinking about what I want to apply to and I'm stuck between choosing a single language course or a joint degree with a language and business...
I'm worried that just doing a single language degree will lead to no career path except translating etc tbh
Would adding business (therefore a joint degree) widen the options? But then again my language ability after the 4 years will be lower than doing the single language degree on its own which is not ideal.
I really don't know:/
Also, I'm thinking of applying to Cardiff, Sheffield, Leeds, Manchester and Herts or maybe Newcastle. Is anyone else applying for Japanese 2023?? :smile:
Original post by jemhanalei
I'm thinking about what I want to apply to and I'm stuck between choosing a single language course or a joint degree with a language and business...
I'm worried that just doing a single language degree will lead to no career path except translating etc tbh
Would adding business (therefore a joint degree) widen the options? But then again my language ability after the 4 years will be lower than doing the single language degree on its own which is not ideal.
I really don't know:/
Also, I'm thinking of applying to Cardiff, Sheffield, Leeds, Manchester and Herts or maybe Newcastle. Is anyone else applying for Japanese 2023?? :smile:

Honestly I would only study business if you're genuinely very interested in it. There aren't many options (particularly in business) that are closed to someone doing BA Japanese and open to someone doing BA Japanese & Business. One of my friends who graduated with BA Korean has worked in a business start-up, at Bloomberg and is now working for the UN so I wouldn't stress it too much

Quick Reply

Latest