The Student Room Group

How hard to get into UCL?

Hi, not sure if this is relevant thread as I’m new on TSR. My question is that I applied for Masters Respiratory clinical science at UCL. I submitted my application a month ago. My BSc grade is 2:1 and my personal statement I actually wrote in a day, according to me is just okay with few grammatical errors and also it was written in multiple fonts.
What are my chances of getting in? I really need to know the outcome as if will be rejected then I’ll apply at kings but the deadline to apply there is 29th July. Any advice that with these grades and personal statement what are my chances of getting in at UCL masters course? Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hi, not sure if this is relevant thread as I’m new on TSR. My question is that I applied for Masters Respiratory clinical science at UCL. I submitted my application a month ago. My BSc grade is 2:1 and my personal statement I actually wrote in a day, according to me is just okay with few grammatical errors and also it was written in multiple fonts.
What are my chances of getting in? I really need to know the outcome as if will be rejected then I’ll apply at kings but the deadline to apply there is 29th July. Any advice that with these grades and personal statement what are my chances of getting in at UCL masters course? Thanks.

What is stopping you applying to KCL anyway?
the application tuition fees which is £80 lol
Original post by ageshallnot
What is stopping you applying to KCL anyway?
the application tuition fees which is £80 lol

Ah ok. What's that as a percentage of the full application price?
the total application fees is £80
Ah ok. What's that as a percentage of the full application price?
the total application fees is £80

So you said.
Guys I called UCL and they said that a decision has been made on my application and it will be updated on my portal this week or next...When I asked that will I need to attend an interview they said no but they didn't tell me whether I m rejected or accepted. This has made me anxious bcz if there's no interview invitation means its probably a rejection as all unis invite to an interview for its masters courses right??
So you said.
Guys I called UCL and they said that a decision has been made on my application and it will be updated on my portal this week or next...When I asked that will I need to attend an interview they said no but they didn't tell me whether I m rejected or accepted. This has made me anxious bcz if there's no interview invitation means its probably a rejection as all unis invite to an interview for its masters courses right??

No, I don't think so.
so should I assume its a rejection or acceptance?? :frown:
No, I don't think so.
so should I assume its a rejection or acceptance?? :frown:

You should assume neither, unless you have evidence that this particular course requires an interview in which case it looks very much like a rejection.

A frnd of mine who applied for a different course at UCL got rejected does that mean I’ll be rejected too as it’s already too late :frown:
You should assume neither, unless you have evidence that this particular course requires an interview in which case it looks very much like a rejection.

A frnd of mine who applied to a different MSc course got rejected does that mean I’ll be rejected too? As it’s too late already

https://www.admissionreport.com/university-college-london/msc-respiratory-clinical-science

Possibly relevant?
A frnd of mine who applied to a different MSc course got rejected does that mean I’ll be rejected too? As it’s too late already

Admissions are handled by each individual department, not the university as a whole, so your friend being rejected doesn't mean anything for your application if they weren't applying for that course. Also, the course page says nothing about requiring to attend interview.
What's too late?

UCL already said you don't need an interview for that masters, why you still anxious about being invited to an interview that is not required?

Admissions to masters are different that BSc or PhD, courses requiring an interview are very rare. Usually they say so in the course description or application portal.
Original post by PPK3000
UCL already said you don't need an interview for that masters, why you still anxious about being invited to an interview that is not required?

Admissions to masters are different that BSc or PhD, courses requiring an interview are very rare. Usually they say so in the course description or application portal.

I m worried not abt the interview but bcz what if I get rejected too as it’s too late …everyone must have heard by now
Original post by Sinnoh
Admissions are handled by each individual department, not the university as a whole, so your friend being rejected doesn't mean anything for your application if they weren't applying for that course. Also, the course page says nothing about requiring to attend interview.
What's too late?

It’s already mid of August so isn’t it too late
do they reply this late before or this happening only this year?
It’s already mid of August so isn’t it too late

Quick Reply

Latest