Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone planning to study this at Oxford Brookes?
    I have no idea what to write in my personal statement for it!

also, has it lowered my chances of offers if i haven't applied yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biancabayley)
    Is anyone planning to study this at Oxford Brookes?
    I have no idea what to write in my personal statement for it!

also, has it lowered my chances of offers if i haven't applied yet?
    Hey,

First of- you'd be better posting about specific universities in their own forum. There aren't very many anthropology students on TSR though (I've only really seen me and then a few people who are applying this year) so you might not get replies.

For your PS, you need to write about what intrests you in anthropology, what have you read etc, and what are your ideas about culture... have you travelled or lived in a place different to the UK (or your home country?) or are you from somewhere else and are coming to the UK for university? You basically need to show you have an awareness for the culture, and the comparative study of it. If you want you can post your PS in the ask a PS helper forum and then I can take a look at it for you and give you some ideas/help. This is completely private- only PS helpers who are all already at university can see the post. We're already at uni so we don't need your PS, obviously!

PM me if you want to know anything specific about anthropology at university. I didn't apply to Oxford Brookes, however. Where else are you applying to? As long as you apply before the deadline in January your application will be given equal consideration, it doesn't matter if you applied in September or not until January.

x

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I have literally sent off my application a few hours ago! When you send it doesn't matter too much.
    For your personal statement, be honest and keep hammering home why you want to study anthropology. I struggled trying to keep mine interesting but I guess just focus on the admissions tutors. I emailed an LSE anthropology tutor and she was very helpful so maybe try emailing someone from oxford Brookes or a Russel group university?

Hope this helps and hope you get the offers you want

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.