Turn on thread page Beta

So, haven't really been out with a girl before.
    How long is it right until you kiss her (on the lips) Been out on one date and i spent a while with her before. She's coming round later (just to give me a knock to go out) and i was thinking of kissing her then. Or should i wait until the night is over? Also, when buying drinks and whatnot, how much is the guy supposed to pay for? I've bought her drinks when we've been out so far, but when do i stop? I don't want to offer to pay for everything and look a bit of a fool. I don't mind paying for her, but i don't want her to think its a bit weird that i pay for everything.

ReputationRep:
    Awww it's sweet that you're worrying about all this. As far as the kissing goes, you should know when it's the right time, when the chemistry's right just relax and kiss her.
    You won't look a fool paying for everything, it's romantic and gentlemanly! I'm sure she appreciates it! Next time when you decide to have a drink, see if she offers to pay for hers, and if she does, let her.

ReputationRep:
    Well firstly...i guess it would be better to kiss her when n if you walk her home. At least that way its easier to walk away if things are awkward instead of spending the whole night together afterwards :-P

And it isn't weird that you pay for everything some men like to be gentlemen :-)
    but if your budget is getting a bit tight tell her its her round lol

ReputationRep:
    awww bless, erm.. the kissing things easy. Yourll know when it's the right time to do it. Just make sure she's finished talking or your end up with a mouthful of lip! (though experince) lol, erm... just kinda like put your arm round her or something and it should happen , the drinks and stuff is good, ask her if she minds you paying with something jokey. and she she offers let her, but only once or twice.. hope it helpss and good luck bbe
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So, haven't really been out with a girl before.
    How long is it right until you kiss her (on the lips) Been out on one date and i spent a while with her before. She's coming round later (just to give me a knock to go out) and i was thinking of kissing her then. Or should i wait until the night is over? Also, when buying drinks and whatnot, how much is the guy supposed to pay for? I've bought her drinks when we've been out so far, but when do i stop? I don't want to offer to pay for everything and look a bit of a fool. I don't mind paying for her, but i don't want her to think its a bit weird that i pay for everything.
    You should have kissed her on the first date

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by temporary_username)
    You should have kissed her on the first date
    i disagree it's up to him. not everyone wants to kiss on the first date. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolage)
    i disagree it's up to him. not everyone wants to kiss on the first date. x
    Its really up to the guy. I think most girls would just go ahead with it instead of rejecting anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by temporary_username)
    Its really up to the guy. I think most girls would just go ahead with it instead of rejecting anything
    yh, but the first date might just to be, like, to assess if you like him or something... wouldnt he rather just wait untill the 2nd or 3rd date to make sure he isnt rejected and to not face the awkwardness x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2008
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.