The Student Room Group

Is it okay for me to not be religious?

Both my parents are religious.
However, i don't often go to the religious temple.
I went to a Christian after-school club, and I've been to a church more often than I have been to a religious temple.
I don't follow any religious teachings nor do I pray.

So am I non-religious?

I am asking this because a job application is asking whether for my religion
(edited 1 year ago)
Just put prefer not to say. Your religious persuasion is no one's business but yours.
Original post by Master0fReality
Just put prefer not to say. Your religious persuasion is no one's business but yours.

True, but there isnt that option, only "none"
Original post by DaydreamingTeen
True, but there isnt that option, only "none"

Then go with that. I do irrespective of what my actual beliefs are.
Then go with that. I do irrespective of what my actual beliefs are.

ah okay, thanks!
Yes, it is fine for you not to be non-religious. :smile:
Also fine for you to leave the question about religion blank or select 'none'.
I never fill in those demographic monitoring exercises about disability, gender preferences, religion, sexual orientation, race or ethnic origin.
Original post by londonmyst

I never fill in those demographic monitoring exercises about disability, gender preferences, religion, sexual orientation, race or ethnic origin.

Me neither. Never fill in anything that could leave me open to discrimination during the application process unless it's unavoidable like my education or work history.
Original post by londonmyst
Yes, it is fine for you not to be non-religious. :smile:
Also fine for you to leave the question about religion blank or select 'none'.

thanks for your reply :smile:
phew aha
Me neither. Never fill in anything that could leave me open to discrimination during the application process unless it's unavoidable like my education or work history.

true that
Religion is multifaceted, largely divided into the culture of the religion and the spirituality of the believer. Discovering what this means for you can often be a lifelong journey, so don’t be worried or scared to explore your personal beliefs, often it’s the best way to self develop.

I appreciate that this isn’t easy to apply in real life, especially when issues like discrimination are strong in certain areas, but I can assure you it’s ok to be you and if anyone tells you any different they are not worth your time. Take the time to find a community which meets your needs and appreciates you for who you are

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending