The Student Room Group

Bristol (UWE) or London (London Metropolitan University)

Hi everyone.

I am having a hard time deciding which to go to because I have been offered a place at both universities to study very nice courses.

To my knowledge, London is a very vibrant city and Bristol seems very like a mix of vibrancy and tranquility and that London also has more population of Muslims compared to Bristol.

I am a Muslim and I want to study where practicing the religion won't be affected by the environment. Alongside, I would prefer to study in a city open to a lot of opportunities and activities.

Time really isn't on my side as I have to decide where I'll study in two days.

I really do anticipate responses.
Hi everyone.

I am having a hard time deciding which to go to because I have been offered a place at both universities to study very nice courses.

To my knowledge, London is a very vibrant city and Bristol seems very like a mix of vibrancy and tranquility and that London also has more population of Muslims compared to Bristol.

I am a Muslim and I want to study where practicing the religion won't be affected by the environment. Alongside, I would prefer to study in a city open to a lot of opportunities and activities.

Time really isn't on my side as I have to decide where I'll study in two days.

Hi everyone.

I am having quite a hard time deciding which to attend because I have been offered a place at both universities to study very nice courses.

To my knowledge, London is a very vibrant city and Bristol like a mix of vibrancy and tranquility. London also has more population of Muslims compared to Bristol.

Time really isn't on my side as I have to decide where I'll study in less than two days.

London is unlike anywhere else in the UK. People either love it or hate it. It is a massive impersonal place that is extremely expensive to live. Only you can decide if it is right for you.

Bristol is a large Uk city but a fraction of the size of London but will be very multi cultural and will have a muslim population with mosques. This is true of all UK cities, UWE has a campus a couple of miles out of Bristol city centre. Only you can decide what is right for you.
Original post by Frost_winter
Hi everyone

I am having quite a hard time deciding which to attend because I have been offered a place at both universities to study very nice courses.

To my knowledge, London is a very vibrant city and Bristol like a mix of vibrancy and tranquility. London also has more population of Muslims compared to Bristol.

Time really isn't on my side as I have to decide where I'll study in less than two days.

I would go with your gut feeling, where you would prefer to be in the Adviroment you think is right for you and you feel comfortable not uncomfortable.
Sorry i spelled things wrong.
Just to let you know I've merged your threads together as one or two of them got lost in the system - sorry about that.

swanseajack has given you some really good advice there so I would echo what they said and suggest you do a lot of research into both of the courses available to you. :yy:
Go to UWE - Bristol is an old port city and has had a racially mixed community for hundreds of years.
As a muslim,, you are not exactlly going to be 'a minority' in either the city or the Uni.

And London Met is one of the weakest Unis in the UK and is not recommended for any subject.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending