The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by hetMakadia
I'm going to apply to computer-science at UCL.
Is UCL known to give any admission tests as apart of the offer like imperial with STEP?

Hiya, thanks for your question

Realistically the course website should state if they use any particular admissions test. If it doesn't state it, it would be safe to assume they don't use an admissions test in my view.

Are you applying for 2023 entry? :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
I applied this year they don't. Unfortunately that's actually a negative as it's super competitive so it almost seems random as to whether you get an offer even with maxed out grades (I saw lots of ppl getting rejected with 4A* predicted). Make sure you have maximum possible predicted grades and your PS is v good.
Original post by 04MR17
Hiya, thanks for your question

Realistically the course website should state if they use any particular admissions test. If it doesn't state it, it would be safe to assume they don't use an admissions test in my view.

Are you applying for 2023 entry? :smile:

Yeah 2023 entry
Original post by hetMakadia
Yeah 2023 entry

Cool, so yeah I think it's safe to assume that they won't use an admissions test. But if they use one that you're already practicing for then you'll still be fine :smile:

It's something you could clarify when you go to the open day :wink:
Asking for a friend who is a M22 student and has received IB results. He is not happy with his HL Computer Science grade and will be retaking his exam N22. How does UCL regard retakes? There is nothing on CS webpages to suggest that retakes are not accepted. Just want to ask if anyone knows UCL's perspective on CS retake.
Original post by Anonymous
Asking for a friend who is a M22 student and has received IB results. He is not happy with his HL Computer Science grade and will be retaking his exam N22. How does UCL regard retakes? There is nothing on CS webpages to suggest that retakes are not accepted. Just want to ask if anyone knows UCL's perspective on CS retake.

Shouldn't be a problem, if your friend is still uncertain they should email the admissions department to ask (although it's a busy time of year so don't be surprised about a slow response). The majority of unviersities and courses have no issues with students who've been successful on a qualification via retaking an assessment.
Original post by ejh1234
I applied this year they don't. Unfortunately that's actually a negative as it's super competitive so it almost seems random as to whether you get an offer even with maxed out grades (I saw lots of ppl getting rejected with 4A* predicted). Make sure you have maximum possible predicted grades and your PS is v good.

then what is the average grades of the people who do get offers? 2-4 A*s? and what about GCSES?
Original post by Kausar Khan
then what is the average grades of the people who do get offers? 2-4 A*s? and what about GCSES?

You could see if the stats are published on UCL's website, otherwise this information may not be available.
If you're considering applying - let us know the details and we maybe able to help. Though do bear in mind this thread is quite old now, so if you have further questions you're best starting a new discussion. You are welcome to @tag me in it if you want my advice. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending