Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

i know my boyfriend loves me, and he makes that very clear.

but hes sometimes left me on my own in his room (hes at uni) to go to the flat next door, and has for up to 3 hours at a time, which makes me feel a bit :/

he also has some very close girl mates, and although im secure with him, i do feel a bit :/ (again lol) when he goes on about how great they are, and he has liked them both in the past. he's quite flirty with them too, and is going to stay with one of them in their room when visiting. its not that im worried about him cheating, its just i wonder what the boundry is with them. hes as close to them as me- the only difference really is that im the one he kisses etc. i dont know my point really maybe that i dont feel an exclusive emotional connection.

theres also the issue that there will be days gone by with no contact, like 4 or 5 without even a text. im really happy that we have our own lives but i do feel a bit forgotten, to the point im getting resentful.

i dont have a question really i just wondered what people think of this. im probably making an issue out of nothing.

unless he's in love with his friends then you do have an exclusive emotional connection with him.

Leaving you on your own in his room is really out of order! There's no reason you couldn't have gone with him.

As for the girl mates, it's a good sign that he's admitted to fancying them in the past...if something was going on, it's unlikely that he'd tell you this. I have a lot of close guy mates, and boyfriends have gotten jealous in the past - but it's not the same thing at all. A friend is a friend, whether they're the same sex or not, and if you don't fancy them, you won't do anything.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2008
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.