Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Curling machine or freeweights? Watch

• View Poll Results: Curling machine or freeweights?
    Curling machine
    11.11%
    Freeweights
    74.07%
    Neither
    14.81%
    Squat (Sorry, couldn't resist - LV)
    0%

ReputationRep:
    What do you use for bicep curls? Freeweights or a curling machine? Personally, I find it uncomfortable using a machine for them, so just use plain old dumbells...

ReputationRep:
    Yup me too. I try and use free weights as much as possible. The curling machines put too much pressure on my triceps when performing them. Might because I'm quite skinny and have poor posture though. Also machines restrict movement too much I find.

ReputationRep:
    I went for the "I have a Y chromosome" option :p:

As far as I'm concerned curls aren't worth the extra time I would spend in the gym doing them.

ReputationRep:
    Free weights, and the machine, im guessing its the preacher ...

ReputationRep:
    If I was to, freeweights. Never, EVER machines.

Although I prefer chinups - like nature intended.

ReputationRep:
    I don't do curls, but if I did it'd be with free-weights. No idea why anyone would use a machine for them.

ReputationRep:
    I do preacher, hammer, dumbbell and machine curls for lulz. I just vary stuff, today I did 3x10 preacher then just afew sets of hardly any ROM machine just for the pumpz!1

ReputationRep:
    CURLZ GET THE GIRLZ

Do some god-damned pullups.

"Oh but they're too easy"

"Are they so easy with a 45 strapped between your legs?"

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I do chinups as well, but if it's raining and I can't run the few miles to the gym, I'll do curls and press ups at home. Machines just seem to mess my forearms up for some reason:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gylfih)
    Yeah, I do chinups as well, but if it's raining and I can't run the few miles to the gym, I'll do curls and press ups at home. Machines just seem to mess my forearms up for some reason:confused:
    This is why:
    (Original post by FluxD)
    hardly any ROM

ReputationRep:
    I do my curls in the power racks and on the lifting platform. It makes it more effective imo.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Bebbs)
    I do my curls in the power racks and on the lifting platform. It makes it more effective imo.
    **** you taking up valuable squat racks. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bebbs)
    I am praying for your soul. :p:

ReputationRep:
    SQUAT

[/thread]

ReputationRep:
    But if you only squat, how are you going to get swole biceps that all the girls love LV?

ReputationRep:
    brb squatting in the curl machine.

ReputationRep:
    Bebbs Imma video my squat today so you can fap to it.

I might try and max out parallel too so I can say I squat 3 plates but I'll have to unlearn ATG which might be hard lol.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.